Dummys

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
i have been trying to give Annabelle a dummy as i really dont want her to be a thumb sucker, she really doesnt seem too interested in a dummy or her thumb to be honest but was wondering whether she is still a bit young to care about a dummy or whether if she wanted one she would of had it by now

advice please girls

Lou
xxx

Ill say from experience from my girls , Carly latched onto a dummy straight away and did until she was 2 1/2 , ella however didnt have one as she wouldnt take one, from very early she sucked her thumb and now thats all she does :lol:

Try it alittle later? If not she may not be a thumb sucker or need a dummy ;)

Ewan wouldnt take a dummy when i tried one out of desperation one night, i never tried again, and he has never been a thumb sucker, chewed on his hand for a while but never showed any interest in thumb sucking or sucking anything to be honest lol!

jordyn takes a dummy... i really didnt want her to be a thumb sucker so i enforced the dummy... but my mum said i never took anythign at all as a babe.. so maybe yours doesnt need anything at all?!

Lexie takes her dummy every now and again. She spits it out for a while but eventually takes it. I just persivere and keep popping it back in until she has it as she settles better with it at night. During the day she doesnt have it at all.

I don't see the point if she doesn't need one - some babies don't. My dd didn't need one, but my ds does.

Tom won't take them either unless he's really worked up.

I only want her to have it because im really not wanting her to suck her thumb, plus there is alot of research into dummies prevents cot death

Lou
xxx

i dont like dummies and have never tried one ellie has never had a dummie and has never sucked her thumb, emma has suched her thumb since birth she must have sucked it in the womb and she only sucks it for comfort and lucy doesnt have a dummie either and she has sucked her thumb about 3 times.

I started giving Seren a dummy once i noticed her sucking her thumb, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. It was easy to see then that she just wanted something to suck on so I just took her thumb out and quickly put in the dummy and she sucked away quite happily on that.

I think there's no expiration date :lol:
Lola took her dummy for day one and really loves it,but I think that if Anabelle doesn't want it now,she might feel different later.
I also didn't want for Lola to suck her thumb as I was one when I was little and my thumb got infected ( I know this is an extreme case).

Kathryn has one and has taken it since birth, but I never did when I was a baby and I didn't suck my thumb either. I was a big time nail bitter as a kid though :blush:

Grace took a dummy at 3 months. She had started to comfort feed and was just playing about so i gave her a dummy instead.

Try it again a couple of times and see what she does xxx

Alex took the dummy, i definatley didnt want him on thumb after i saw what it did to my cousin Holly, she didnt stop sucking the thumb and it actually has grown a funny shape. Its evening out abit now but it'll take years apparently.
But now Alex teeth have grown round the shape of the dummy, he has a hole in the middle haha.
But hey, baby teeth fall out so it should be fine.

If your baby wont take dummy but wants thumb and you really dont want that try something else, i have a cousin who wasnt allowed dummy or thumb to comfort so they gave her tags, (like those double looped ones on knickers and teddies etc) and she rubs them together next to her ear and the sound sends her off lol, its quite cute really.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->