Dustin James :)

mummy to be

Cautiously Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies... i finally got around to writing our story :) Hope it doesnt bore you too much :)

Here is our story

Friday 11th Feb - Had doctors appointment with hospital and delivery doctor to discuss induction (already 5 days overdue at this stage ) He gave me a stretch and Sweep and sent us on our way with instructions to come back (Keep in mind it is a 2 hour drive to the hospital from our place) on Monday 14th (Yes Valentines day) for induction..... So we went home

Saturday 12th Feb - had a busy day. Playing with layla at the park, Shopping, house work, cleaned the car etc.... finally had time to sit down and relax at about 4.30pm.... So i decided to have a quick nap on the couch in the lounge room while Allan was playing poker on facebook and Layla was happily watching some cartoons 4.45pm Next things i know Layla is having a tantrum from some reason and Allan is ignoring her cause of her tantrum so i get up to find out what is happening and as i get up... i was pretty sure i had just wet myself but i though oh well. Gotta love the horrid part of pregnancy where you cant control your bladder.. but as i kept walking more and more started coming out little bit by little bit... and something clicked in my head... oh sh*t i think my waters are leaking!!!!! I mentioned it to Allan who didnt believe a word i was saying... i went to the toilet changed my pad and sure enough it kept coming!!! So now i was sure that i was leaking my waters... i called the local hospital and they said to come and get checked out... So off we went (thank god the car was already packed and we were ready to roll).

4.55pm - Arrived at local hospital to be assessed before making the 2hr drive to our delivery hospital... i get there to be looked at by useless freaken nurses and a doctor who had NO idea!!!! so i told them i was leaving to start the drive to Emerald....

5:30pm - Started the drive to Emerald... Tightenings/ contractions where 10 mins apart for the first hour of the drive.. than then started getting more painful and coming ever 8 mins, then 3 mins than 6 mins than 2 mins all over the shop... so needless to say the next hour of the drive was LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

7.45pm arrived at Emerald hospital - gave Layla to the babysitters (great friends of ours thank god they could take her!!!) they met us at the hospital and took her for her 1st sleepover.. she had a ball i think.. got very spoilt!!!

Went straight into labour qand delivery room to be assessed.. Immediately asked for the gas!! Had an internal and was 3cms dialated!!!! After that was a bit of a blur... i was in and out of the shower (hot water was my best friend) laying on the floor on my side with Allan rubbing my back, on hands and knees rocking, standings and squatting the works.... i was REALLY working this baby out...

Next thing i know i need to push!!!! I thought it was only like an hour... but it was 11.35pm and i was really needing to push... 5 pushes and he was born!!!

11.46pm Sat 12th Feb - Dustin James made his entrance into the world..
I had him standing up leaning over and biting into the bed!!! It was great.. they put him straight up in between my legs and i held him.. They laid us down on the floor and Allan cut the cord.. and that is where we stays for a good hour and half while i breast feed him and delivered the placenta.

I soon decided that i needed a shower and it was time for him to be weighed etc... i was the only one in the hospital labouring so we were able to take our time etc.. which was great! very relaxed and calm...

Dustin weighed 3770gram (8p 5o), lenght 55cms and h/cir 36.5cms!
No tearing or anything from me (again - very very lucky)!!!!

Total labour was 6 hours.
i pushed for 13mins and 5 hard pushes and he was done... ALOT better than my labour with Layla that is for sure!!!!

We were able to be discharged and home by 5pm Sunday which was wonderful!!!

https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/miss_mandy84/iphonepics2011064.jpg
https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/miss_mandy84/iphonepics2011056.jpg
https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/miss_mandy84/iphonepics2011066.jpg
https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/miss_mandy84/184688_10150399072915475_873715474_17611167_7588501_n.jpg

Congratulations, welcome to the world Dustin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->