• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dwp expecting miracles

lilmissdanni

Reaction score
Being arseholes tbh. I got told I have to apply for jobs 20 miles away or an hour's travelling. 20 miles takes us into Manchester one way, and Wrexham the other. I Dont drive but there's a train station on the Manchester - Chester via altrincham line at the bottom of.my road.

It takes 60 mins on the train to Manchester and 28 to Chester. I told them I would travel as altrincham and Chester. They've told me 20 miles or an hour's travelling is a standard clause in there agreements. Its not like I'm not applying....7 in the last week. And I'm applying for anything.

They've found a job and starred it on my universal jobmatch profile in Manchester....8-6 3 days a week. What would I do for childcare if OH gets this permanent 7-7 job?? They just Dont seem to get it!

They want to make it easier for ppl to go.back to work....really sounds like it!

They are idiots, they made my dad apply for a job 15 miles away (rural) and no bus to get him there by the 6.30am starts the job required. He got the job and had to fight the dwp for his job seekers as they didnt understand why he couldn't take the job

Me & my partner are currently on JSA, my partner had to turn down a job due to not being able to get there & it wasn't on a public tansport route, they understood in our situation, sometimes it all depends on your advisor, ours is lovely and helps us as much as he can, just depends what they are like. Hopefully you'll find something that suits your lifestyle soon :flower:

They are buggers! When OH was unemployed they only in 3 months managed to find 1 job they got him to apply for..........and he had NONE of the qualifications for it! In fact he called the company and they advised him his application would NOT be considered, but DWP got shirty with him as he didn't apply - thankfully off his own back he found a job that same week they decided to cancel his JS as he was "not trying to get a job"..............he has applied for near 40 in 3 months...........

Ignore this - my advisor told me that especially if oyu have children and are looking for PT then they will pro-rata it down for you to give you a fighting chance of actually being able to earn something at the end of it. My advisor said their system assumes everyone is looking for FT, and that you will travel 1.5hours each way (I would never do this even for FT!).

If they've starred it, put a reason why you're not applying for it, and discuss it with them at your next meeting. It's obvious you're fulfilling your jobseeker's agreement, so they should understand.

Thank you. I was fretting over this! I have an interview tomorrow for a local job but coz I cant work Friday's, I Dont think I'm going to get it as the nurserys busiest day is Friday (my son has a baby class on a Friday which he loves....his face lights up when you take him into the room. We also have SD from 2pm and part of the legal agreement that's in place states that I must be present for picking her up. This is to primarily to build up a relationship between all parties involved in sd's care and tbh is really working as SD now sees us all laughing, chatting etc which is surely good for her)

There has been nothing on there for 4 days now and I'm chomping at the bit to apply for things now!

Update: not got the job from today....16 hours....we would be worse off if I took it by over £50 per month.

Had a meeting with my advisor today who suggested me looking for fulltime employment...he got told where to go! His exact words were: "other parents do it, why can't you" then proceeded to print me off details for an 8-6 job in Stockport that would mean me getting the 6:45 train from my town and the 19:09 home...with OH working 7-7 how the hell would I manage it?? I told him that and got told "could your parents not help out" so Id be expected to drop my son off at mother's, a mile in the opposite direction yo the station for 6am....I Dont think so!

I give up!

Update: not got the job from today....16 hours....we would be worse off if I took it by over £50 per month.

Had a meeting with my advisor today who suggested me looking for fulltime employment...he got told where to go! His exact words were: "other parents do it, why can't you" then proceeded to print me off details for an 8-6 job in Stockport that would mean me getting the 6:45 train from my town and the 19:09 home...with OH working 7-7 how the hell would I manage it?? I told him that and got told "could your parents not help out" so Id be expected to drop my son off at mother's, a mile in the opposite direction yo the station for 6am....I Dont think so!

I give up!

Can you speak to a supervisor? As a parent, you have rights to flexible working. As long as you are actively seeking work, they really can't complain. I would want to talk to someone else, even if it's just another advisor.

I might be wrong but I thought if a couple was on JSA only one had to be seeking employment if there's a child under 5?

I might be wrong but I thought if a couple was on JSA only one had to be seeking employment if there's a child under 5?

I believe it's income support that this relates too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->