Dying hair in first weeks?

princess2406

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys💙
Reaction score
On Friday we found out we're are expecting baby number 2 :happydance:

I have a hair appointment on Thursday and I'll be 5 weeks. I've been so excited to get my hair coloured before we go on holiday as its desperate for a colour,but don't want to risk any harm either. What's your thoughts ladies?

I dyed my hair all through my last pregnancy and everything was fine. :)

I had mine coloured when I was about 6.5 weeks- I got a balayage where my hairdresser just painted on the highlights so it's not on my scalp, and it was all well ventilated there, but overall I've heard that hair dye is fine in pregnancy.

I used henna as its all natural. It's ok to highlight your hair too as the dye doesn't touch the scalp.

I was told my midwife not to colour my hair until I was past the 12 week mark, although I know many people do problem free x

Hair dye is very different than it was a decade ago, it was the ammonia that was thought harmful. You should be ok!! :thumbup:

Thankyou everyone, the nhs advice doesn't advise against it although just states some women prefer to wait until they are past 12 weeks. I will be having foil highlights so it sounds like it'll be fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->