Dying hair? No ammonia. Yes yes or big no no?

RoxieHart

Baking #2
Reaction score
I always get confused about this, so much conflicting information. I'm pretty sure I did dye my hair once when pregnant with DD1 .. Can't remember :haha: for some reason I've forgotten everything.

Anyway am going on holiday on Saturday and wanted to dye my hair black, home kit, casting creme gloss by loreal .. No ammonia, doesn't smell harsh at all. Was going to do it and then during the waiting time go and sit on my balcony (I live in London so as you can imagine windy and cold lol) to make sure I'm well ventilated.

What do you think? I have high anxiety as it is, specially smell anxiety (yes I know I'm strange lol) so I worry a lot and freak out. would you ladies do it? Anyone have any information?

Also have my first scan tomorrow , thought id drop that in there :haha:

:flower:

Hey I used to be a cosmetologist and I saw toooonnns of ladies who were pregnant getting their hair colored. We used wella products. As long as it's not like jet black- you and your baby will be just fine :)

imo its fine just make sure have windows open to get the smell out.

I've coloured my hair in pregnancy just opened all the windows x

As other ls have said, I've dyed my hair during pregnancy, I'm an unnatural blonde ;-) I just open all the windows :)) xoxo

If there is no ammonia- there won't be much of a smell to worry about. So just being in a well-ventilated space would be a okie :) These ladies are probably right tho- better safe then sorry :)

from everything i have been reading it is fine, try to get out of the fumes though!

Just be safe with the time you leave it in!! I would only do 25min-30min unless you have a high density of hair. Is it permanent or Demi? What level of developer are you using?? I only ask cuz those black hair colors can stain the scalp and sometimes get absorbed into the blood stream.

Just be safe with the time you leave it in!! I would only do 25min-30min unless you have a high density of hair. Is it permanent or Demi? What level of developer are you using?? I only ask cuz those black hair colors can stain the scalp and sometimes get absorbed into the blood stream.

Yeah! I know what you mean when I used to dye it black it did stain a bit. It only lasts 26 washes or something like that ... I dunno how to find out he other info? Lol

It's this

https://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-colour/all-over-color/casting-creme-gloss/100-liquorice.aspx

Yeah! I know what you mean when I used to dye it black it did stain a bit. It only lasts 26 washes or something like that ... I dunno how to find out he other info? Lol

You will be using a low developer then - should be approx 10 vol for a box semi permanent.

Anyway, technicallty it should be fine if you are well ventilated, ammonia or not. I would suggest doing a skin test to ensure you dont develop a new allergic reaction now you are pregnant however.

I'm a cosmetologist too and agree with what everyone else is saying. The only reason I'd be wary of coloring during pregnancy is because hormones can really make hair weird! As atomic pink said there's a risk of a reaction but there's also a risk it will come out spotty, darker or lighter than usual. That's the main thing I've seen with coloring during pregnancy. Most drs think it's perfectly safe though and my concern is usually with how the hair will react with all the extra hormones :)

Everyone is on point- skin reactions being the most important. Glad we have a little group of cosmo ladies here ;)

I coloured my hair with casting creme gloss a few weeks ago, no issues and seemed to work as usual :)

Hey I used to be a cosmetologist and I saw toooonnns of ladies who were pregnant getting their hair colored. We used wella products. As long as it's not like jet black- you and your baby will be just fine :)

Why not jet black?

I've dyed my hair throughout this pregnancy. I open a window but don't worry about it too much - how many hairdressers get pregnant and can't finish up work right away?

I wouldn't risk the absorption myself. Then again I won't paint my nails during pregnancy either due to those chemicals possibly seeping through skin and nail bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->