Dylan John Aitken - 18th Feb 09

Reaction score
Well on the tuesday evening, after my second sweep on the Monday, I started to get a really bad backache. It was all on my left hand side and was constant, it only eased when I was led on my back. I had no idea that this was labour, I thought I'd pulled a muscle whilst cleaning. A few hours later I started to vomit and feel really yucky. I then thought I needed a wee, and whilst sat on the loo I felt my waters go. This was about 11.30pm so i phoned up the delivery suite who told me that there was no room there, but to go to the antenatal ward in an hour. Got there at about 1am and was told there were no beds there either, but that if I went into the day room they would sort something out. I was still being sick quite often, and then the midwife checked my pad for my waters. I thought that they were yellow but apparently they were green. I was also having contractions at this point, but I wasnt sure how far apart they were because the pain was just constant and in my back.
Anyway, finally got up to delivery and was given a room and baby was put on a monitor. Was checked and was 4cm and then was given gas and air. I was really high off this, and at some point asked for Pethidine, which made me really out of it. I managed to get to 6cm but was stuck there for 3 hours and babies heartbeat was dipping really low, so they put me on the drip thing to bring my contractions on and I had an epidural (amazing!!!). This was about 11am ish, I cant really remember I was so out of it. Anyway, after hours of waiting I was checked over and was at 9cm and so was told in about another hour I would start to push. The hour came and went and when checked pver again I was still 9cm. They got the consultant in and when she checked me over his head was too high and she said I needed a c section. They prepped me for theatre and took me down, I was shaking like mad I was so scared and shocked! Anyway, got there and they checked to see if there was a chance of an assisted delivery, which there wasn't :cry:. Gave me the stuff through the epidural catheter and then started. I felt a lot of tugging and then he was born! He weighed a huge 9lb 6 oz which explains why he wouldnt come out on his own!
Then I had a bit of a shock when the surgeon person did a check of my ovaries and found that my left fallopian tube had gone gangrenous! Apparently I had a small cyst which had twisted up on itself and died, so they had to remove it. I'm still waiting for more info on this, as noone explained anything about this to me apart from when I was being sewn up, when I wasnt really with it.
After all that, spent a few days in hospital and finally got home Saturday night. So happy to have baby Dylan home and healthy :cloud9::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->