Earliest booking-in appt in history

erikab922

Reaction score
My period is due tomorrow but got a BFP this morning so called the GP to enquire about higher-strength folic acid and if I could get it on prescription. The receptionist said 'the midwife is here today and she's had a booking-in cancellation if you'd like to take it?'. So I have a booking-in appt even before I've had my missed period - how's that for service, eh?

Wow that definitely is early :) mines next Tuesday @ when ill be 6+6.. but lets just call it 7 weeks :) I thought mine was quite early but almost 4 weeks is definitely the earliest ive heard of someone going for a midwife appointment :) good luck I hope it all goes well xx

I'd have turned it down tbh. I left mine as late as possible. Its all paper work and its a long appointment. Last time I had my booking appointment at 7+4 only to go on and miscarry. This time I didn't even contact the midwife until 8+5 after I was able to find heart beat with doppler.

I agree there, it's best to wait a little while because it was awful for me to have to tell my midwife last year that I'd mc. Not putting a downer on you at all lol it's just that it's easier on you so you don't get all excited by lots of information and bounty packs until you've progressed a little more into your pregnancy but hope it all goes well and wishing you a H&H 9 months :D x

That is epic service! How come you're getting bigass folic?

My daughter was born with a small sacral dimple so I'm just being overly cautious in case it means something...

I'm totally cool with having the early booking-in, I get on really well with my midwife (it's the same one as last time) and I have lots of friends etc around so if something did happen and I lost the baby I'd rather people know so I'd get support. Totally understand why some would prefer to wait, though.

(plus I have the day off today anyway so works out that a long appointment fits into my day, didn't have anything else to do!)

That is epic service! How come you're getting bigass folic?

They had me come in the day after I got my bfp to get my hcg done and again 2 days after that to make sure it was doubling to so I don't think it's abnormal. Good luck w/ your appt!

Your doing a lot better than me - I rung to make my booking apt and I can't get in for another 5 weeks - I'll be 11+5 days at this point. Not happy with this at all coz I'll then have to wait another 3 weeks for the US apt. Me and my partner were not opting to have the Down's syndrome test done as we didn't with our first but if feel this choice has been taken away from us as I'll be past the cut off time by the time I have a scan. I am going to ring back next week and see if there is any chance I can get in earlier - I'm not worried as such but at 6wks I am already starting to show so goodness knows what I'll be like at 12wks - didn't want to tell anyone until we have had the scan but I'll be huge by that point! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->