Early AF = very early mc?

bostonblonde

Reaction score
Today was the start of my second AF since D&C, and she came way too early! :( I got a positive opk only 13 days ago, so this was a really short luteal phase. I hope this doesn't mean a very early mc? :(

Ah well, I guess that means I know for sure that I'm out this month, but I'm a little concerned.

Anyone else get their AF too early?

Hi Bostonblonde,

Sorry for your loss. My second AF was a pretty crazy too. I started bleeding about a week earlier than normal and bled for 3 weeks straight. My doctor performend and an u/s and found a blood clot in my uterus. A month earlier I had another u/s where my uterus looked clear. I would go to the doctor to get checked out if the bleeding doesn't stop. Otherwise, it's also not uncommon for you AF to be messed up for a few months after a M/C.

Sorry for your loss too Boston. Though the luteal phase might have been short for you, that is still a normal length. Only if your AF was late would you be concerned about another MC or chemical. I don't think anyone on this site has had normal cycles after a MC or D&C for the first couple of months. I would take a pregnancy test, if it's BFP, you might have some left over tissue and you should definitely get an US then. :hugs:

My 2nd AF came over a week early and stopped about a week later--so 7 days of bleeding, like normal. Went to see my doctor about it today and she seemed to think it was normal considering my body is recovering from the miscarriage. Right now my mittleschmerz (ov pains) are off the charts so I think my hormones are still straightening out....She said to give it another cycle and if things are still weird then I should pursue the possibility of a D&C (I had a natural miscarriage).

Thanks everyone... made me feel much better. :hugs: I took a test just this morning and it was BFN. I wasn't expecting AF til at least Sunday, so I was shocked when it started.

I'm now in my third cycle since m/c and AF came wayyy early for me too. AND she was super heavy and super painful. Not normal for me at all. I though OMG miscarriage again, but early AF is almost never a sign of m/c. This knowledge made me feel much better. Also, it means I can start this cycle of TTC much earlier and get my BFP earlier!

Thanks mellybelle! I know, that's the only upside of an early AF.... we can try again sooner! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->