Early arrival of Isobelle Mary Dawn

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
Hi ladies...

Sorry it's taken so long to put my birth story up but I have been so busy as you can imagine but Isobelle is in bed with Daddy atm so I have time to write before all hell breaks loose and my MW arrives. Also I don't feel my birth story is particularly exciting lol!!

Here goes..
Saturday 12th Feb was sat watching TV eating breakfast and I feel a trickle of water, go check and my pants are wet so I ring Labour but they say keep and eye on it and if happens again in 1hr to call back, but typically it didn't until Monday, but the same again, ring back in 1hr, still nothing...

So, on Tuesday 15th Feb I had my MW appt at 1:30 and I decided to walk, to try and get baby to engage, I arrived and she checked me over and I told her about my "wetness" but she said I might have an infection so sent a water sample off...she checked engagement and said LO was just sitting on pelvis and booked another appt for the following Tuesday and sent me on my way.

Walking home I felt tired and achey and 'pre-menstrual' but put it down to the long walk and so met my MIL at B&Q and was still feeling pre-period like. Later on I met my OH at MIL's and we had tea, and all of a sudden my back started aching and I was becoming irritable so at 9pm I begged 2 go home as I was tired.

Got home around 9:30pm and went to bed to watch recorded soaps and Big Fat Gypsy Wedding which ended at 11:30pm ... I tried turning over in bed but GUSH .. my waters went!! OH was in the loo, adjascent to our bedroom, so I said "erm, Dale, my waters have gone" and from this moment panic set in!! I couldn't remember what to do, where my clothes were or anything. I rang Labour who told me to go get checked...

Finally got to hospital at 12:15am - ish and was told cos I had been "leaking" since Saturday it could just be an infection so had 2 have blood tests etc ... I was now getting regular pains which I started to realise were contractions and started timing them...

..At around 2am my OH got sent home and I got put on an ante natal ward, where my contractions got worse but I coped on a TENs Machine, until she examined me and I was only 2cm so I paniced thinking I would be sent home, but MW said LO's head was sat right there, and gosh this was PAINFUL! I screamed very loudly and woke everyone, ooops!! She informed me I wouldn't be going home cos labour was imminent but I couldn't go on Delivery until I was 4cm ... panic set in then and I wanted my OH, so she allowed me to have him back but we would have to set in the Ante Natal Day Unit room, fine, I didn't care I wanted him back!! But in the time it took him 2 get back, around 6am, I was just stood in 1 spot in the corridor, breathing and TENs'ing my way through contractions.

Finally I got moved into a triage room and things stepped up a gear so I asked for diamorphine and was examined I was now 5-6cm at 9:30am ...

..I suddenly got an overwhelming urge 2 do a poo, it was strangely painful too. I started to ask for an epidural at about 9:45am cos I couldn't cope with wanting to push pressure ... but by 10:10am they still hadn't moved me.

10:15am MW came to get me but as I stood up the rest of my waters went, in the corridor infront of EVERYONE, and I uncontrollably started to push!! I was really scared but they wheeled my down to a room and I ripped my nightie off thinking I was gettin epi, but she said it was too late and baby was coming!!!

So I got on the bed and was given gas and air ... what a GOD SEND!!! ... and I started to push using G&A listening very carefully to my MW who was great.

By 10:40am my little girl arrived after 20mins pushing and a spontaneous delievery :) I did need to have lots of stitches, not sure how many, 2nd degree tear and x2 docs 1hr 30mins to stitch me back up!!

I was soooooo proud not to have had much pain relief cos I thought I was gonna be a right wimp!! :happydance:

My MW and MIL said I made it look sooo easy lol, yeah right?!?!

Here she is ... Isobelle Mary Dawn born 12days early at 38w+3d on 16th February 2011....

Attachments

• Photo0006.jpg
    Photo0006.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Photo0007.jpg
    Photo0007.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 17
Aww she is beautiful and weldone!

How much did she weigh? x

She weighed 8lbs 1oz ... missed that off oops...

xxx

Beautiful name for a beautiful girl - the pic of her smiling is fab! Was this on the first day?

Congratulations & well done doing it with hardly any pain relief

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :kiss:

She is gorgoeus ! Your didn't have any stitches then ?

Well done you :flower:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :kiss:

She is gorgoeus ! Your didn't have any stitches then ?

Well done you :flower:

lol yeah I did actually I forgot to mention that!!

I had a 2nd degree tear and it took 2x docs to stitch me up!!! 1hr 30mins it took hahaha longer than the pushing!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->