Early Arrival of Our Little Girl (Premature, Breech, C-Section)

elliot

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Our little girl arrived quite suddenly on June 23 at 10:53pm at 35 weeks and 1 day. She was 5lbs 11oz and 17.25 inches.

That day I went in for a normal prenatal check up and found out she was breech and I would need a c-section. The doctor said the pregnancy was still progressing perfectly otherwise though and cleared me to go camping 4 days later. I went straight from the doc's office to visit a friend at the hospital whose new baby was 1 day old. Got home by about 7pm and started explaining to DH about the breech condition and the old wive's tales and such the doctor had said we could try to get the LO to turn in my belly. Sat down to have dinner at 8pm, and befor eating decided to try inverting myself on the couch like OBGYN had said... on elbows and knees with butt in air and cheek on the floor. SNAP! My water broke all over the place.

I couldn't believe it, jumped off the couch and ran to the bathroom, pouring water everywhere and telling my DH "OMG... either my water just broke or else I'm wetting myself all over the place!" Ended up sitting on the toilet, water still pouring like mad telling DH "I must be wetting myself. I can't have this baby!" Was so overwehlemed to think I'd just learned she was breech and now she was suddenly coming and I hadn't had any time to get used to the idea of a c-section.

By 9:15 we had packed bags and were at the hospital. They hooked me up to monitors and confirmed I had lost my water and was having contractions. Since baby was breech they were in a big hurry to get her out before labor started progressing. An hour later I was in the OR and by 10:53 our baby girl was out. It turned very scary then, as she wasn't breathing well and they whisked her straight off to the NICU before I got to hold her or anything. It took 12 days in the NICU before she was well enough to go home, but now she's a healthy little infant doing well.

I know it's a bit after the fact now, but I thought I'd share our story. Best wishes to everybody else for deliveries that end up with a healthy baby, even if they don't go as we'd hoped or planned. :flower:

I am glad she is here safe and sound! Congrats on your new baby girl!

Congrats on your little girl! I bet that was very frightening not to have any time to get used to the idea and then your little girl was there! And also scary about her not breathing, so glad she is well now. :)

Elliot, I'm so glad you and the LO are okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congradulatons on the birth of your little girl !

Wow!! That was unexpected, eh! :hugs:

Congrats to you and your OH!
So glad everyone is safe!

wow, she wasn't hanging around.
Glad she is doing well now, must have been a scary time for you.
Congratulations :)

Elliot, what's her name? And btw, you should change your siggy's ticker now ;)

Elliot, I'm SO HAPPY for you!! That's amazing news, even though things didn't go as planned :) What's her name??

congratulations! and glad to hear she's doing well x

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and congratluations. Our little girl's name is Julia and she's doing just beautifully. We were so surprised, as we really thought our yellow bump would turn blue, but she's the most wonderful thing that ever happened to us.

So happy to hear that your precious baby girl is healthy and happy now! :happydance: Congrats! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->