Early bleeding with twins?

DollPosse

Reaction score
I am pregnant with twins and uterus is growing at rapid speed. Everything feels stretched.anyways I had some bleeding. Red mixed with brown. Only enough for a panty liner. Is this common with twins? I had an ultrasound yesterday and everything was fine.

I am pregnant with twins and uterus is growing at rapid speed. Everything feels stretched.anyways I had some bleeding. Red mixed with brown. Only enough for a panty liner. Is this common with twins? I had an ultrasound yesterday and everything was fine.

Was it an internal ultrasound? I heard that an internal ultrasound can irritate the cervix causing a little spotting. Congratulations on expecting twins! xx

I had a wand on my belly and a vaginal one. Why didn't I think of that? Yes duh that would cause irritation and bleeding. Thank you for brining that up. I feel better now.

I had a wand on my belly and a vaginal one. Why didn't I think of that? Yes duh that would cause irritation and bleeding. Thank you for brining that up. I feel better now.

No problem. Have a healthy happy nine months! xx

Early bleeding with twins= normal. I had a spot of brown at 6+0 and that's how we found out it was twins.

Are they identical or fraternal?

Spotting is also more common with IVF twins if that's the case here.

Congrats <3

No IVF here.
I found out yesterday at my routine early ultrasound that I was carrying twins. I did not ask if they were fraternal because I was just so shocked. It was mentioned that they are separated by a large membrane wall, so out of ignorance I assume that means they are fraternal?

Basically if they already have a large membrane wall, they are in separate sacs

70% of the time that's frats. Boy/girl = frats 99% of the time
30% of the time they're di-di identical. If they are both boys or girls and look alike, you can do a DNA test after birth.

This is veeeery good news as you are avoiding some of the high risks that come with mo-di, mo-mo, and conjoined identical twins--they share placentas and more which means risk of twin to twin transfusion and extra special care

Big hugs and if you FB, search for Twins, Triplets, and more...multiples galore private group. Great support system, photos of twins. It's for parents and grandparents of twins and multiples only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->