Early early MC--all I can think about

Sjoteach9

Reaction score
Just need some support or insight! I went off BC in April because We wanted to eventually start trying and I heard it can take a while for AF to sort herself out. Anyways I went right back to having normal regular cycles--although they are a bit strange because one month it's 29 days and the next it's 34 and has repeated itself like that! Anyone else have that? Anyways though--I wanted to start ttc in June because I'm a teacher and the timing woulda been ideal, well hubby didn't want to yet so we waited and used the pull out method since April. Well fast forward to oct 10 when I had a normal period which was my 29 day cycle. Then nov 5 he finally doesn't pull out but I don't think much of it due to the fact that I should have ovulated much sooner! Well nov 12 AF never showed up so I took a pregnancy test the next day and it was negative then took two more with FMU the following two days and faint positives. I was freaking out but excited. Well 2 days after my last positive (6 days after when AF should have come) I got a negative and then shortly after started bleeding. I know I had a chemical and now all I can think about is A it happening again and B I want to start trying hardcore now. Do you think I have a short LP and that's why I had the chemical? Anyone else have a similar but then successful story. I'm losing it over here. Even bought OPKs to hopefully figure out a timeframe for my O. Thanks

So sorry for your loss. I had a chemical pregnancy and found it really hard to deal with. I got pregnant only two weeks later and she is a healthy 2.5 year old now. I got pregnant again when she was a year old and her brother is 10 months old. We wanted a third and I got pregnant again but unfortunately lost it at 9 weeks. This loss has been very hard on me physically and of course we are grieving but in some ways I found the chemical pregnancy harder to deal with emotionally because I was grieving but didnt know how to feel and no one knew about our loss but me and OH.

Multiple losses happen to some but it is much more likely that it was just one of those things that could have happened to anyone. The majority of MCs are caused by one off genetic problems that stop your baby developing propperly.

OPKs should help you have a better idea of when you ovulate and how long your LP is. They say a short LP can stop you from getting pregnant but I think that is more likely to be before implantation. Once you get a positive test the egg has implanted and the hormones should trigger your body not to get a period. I had a short LP because of breastfeeding but it didnt seem to stop me from getting pregnant twice.

Hugs.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am still really struggling with this and everyone I have told seems to just brush it off like it isn't a big deal. I'm trying to stay positive though as best as possible. I haven't gotten a positive on the opk yet and I feel like it's becoming an obsession. Your stories do make me feel better though and I'm hoping and praying that I'll follow suit with you! Thank you! I feel like once I get the positive on the opk I'll feel better and stop thinking somethings majorly wrong with me. We can only hope anyways.

I had 3 chemical pregnancies in a row after ttc for over a year before getting pregnant with DS (took femera and progesterone for him- femera was because I had odd long cycles and the doc didn't think I was producing a "good" egg since it was later in the cycle. I had kind of low progesterone with at least one of my chemicals- 11. A different doctor said he wouldn't rx it unless it was 10 or below. I didn't see him again after I lost that one.). The cycle I got pregnant with DS, I never got a positive opk- and tested twice a day- but obviously did!
The chemicals destroyed me. I was very public about loss, and it's amazing the people who said "me too" that I knew but had no idea! I got a huge amount of comfort from talking to them and knowing I wasn't alone.
(Then when DS was 10mo, we had one oops night. One. A few weeks later, surprise BFP- so far this has made it farther than any of my chemicals- funny how our bodies work.)

What I found so hard about a chemical pregnancy was that it felt like I was grieving over everything and nothing at the same time. With out 9 week loss we saw a perfect little baby at our scan. It is heartbreaking but at least having a picture of our baby gives us something to hold and feel real. During the MC itself I hemorrhaged and almost died, which was scary but it means everyone knows about out loss and has been supportive and sympathetic so I havent had to deal with all the grief on my own. My chemical pregnancy was heartbreaking, confusing and incredibly lonely. Sorry I'm going on about myself but I just wanted say I have an idea of how big a deal a CP can be. You lost a baby, give yourself space to grieve. I spent a lot of time bottling up my feelings and crying on my own for a long time. Once I really let myself grieve and talked it out with OH it was the first steps towards healing.

I ovulated on time after my CP but it is quite common to ovulate a week or two late after so try not to panic if it takes you a bit longer to get your positive OPK, that can be normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->