Early evening sleep - help!

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
Poppy isn't in any routine but one thing is always the same every night. By half 6/7 she is tired so instead of letting her sleep on me or hub (which she'd happily do) we bath her, feed her and put her to bed upstairs. EVERY night between half 7 and about 10 she has little 10 min sleeps, then wakes up screaming till we go up, pick her up and calm her down. This happens 3 or 4 times until we eventually go to bed at about 10 and then she seems to settle (she is still in our room). Have no idea how we can stop this happening. Anyone got an advice??

Nope but I'm watching. Marlowe was very similar to this when she was younger. Now she settles at about 7, then without a doubt always wakes an hour later for a little holler for a couple of minutes, and then she's out again until 3 or so. This is exactly the same every night.

then only thing i can think of is not picking her up/just soothing her from crib/cot. maddi is still in our room and has slept through - 7-8 roughly since 6weeks old. if she does fuss after bed time we got in the and i rub her tummy, pop her dummy in, shhhh her and it seems to send her back to sleep, lights off, no talking lots of shhhh. hope someone else has some better advice! :hugs: x

God, Bec, this is soooo weird! Our Poppy does the same thing! We put her to bed at 7 most nights and, without fail, 10 minutes later she will wake up screaming the place down! I have to go in and pick her up and rock her off to sleep again. Although, it only usually happens once for us, not 3 or 4 times (poor you!). Maybe it's particular to Poppies!?

God, Bec, this is soooo weird! Our Poppy does the same thing! We put her to bed at 7 most nights and, without fail, 10 minutes later she will wake up screaming the place down! I have to go in and pick her up and rock her off to sleep again. Although, it only usually happens once for us, not 3 or 4 times (poor you!). Maybe it's particular to Poppies!?

:laugh2: Maybe! Particularly Poppies who are breastfed too?! Let's hope not....

It might be cause shes not tired enough to sleep all the way through , maybe she thinks its a nap only ?

It might be cause shes not tired enough to sleep all the way through , maybe she thinks its a nap only ?

i agree! getting LO's to no when its day and when its night and the difference between nap and night and play and sleep (lol) can be so hard! we try to make the distinctions - lights, changing clothes, bath etc x

I usually dont put Jasmine to bed until 9 or 10... 7 is much to early for her still.

I agree, dont pick her up, try and sooth her by rubbng her tummy or giving her her dummy, that is what we do and it seems to work. Although Jasmine has been in her own room since 1 week...

i agree! getting LO's to no when its day and when its night and the difference between nap and night and play and sleep (lol) can be so hard! we try to make the distinctions - lights, changing clothes, bath etc x

How do we let her know its not just nap time then? We do all the above (bath, talking quietly, dim the lights etc). Unfortuantely she wont take a dummy so that is not an option. She does sleep a lot in the day when we are out and about and I am never sure whether to wake her but when I DID try waking her every 3 hours she just woke up every 3 hours at night!

We did wonder if we are putting her down too early, but if she stayed downstairs with us she would go to sleep anyway, but I hadn't realised that they can distinguish between nap time and sleep time...

Perhaps try to keep her up for a little longer? Savannah won't stay down at 7 but will at 7:30. Before I put her to bed I give her another feed (bf) and then she stays down (mostly)

We used to keep her up longer but she just ended up being overtired and crying and either ended up falling asleep on hub, or i'd feed her again. So we figured if she was ready for a sleep, best to put her to bed :confused:

Maybe should try again and see how we go :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->