early induction birth story of baby jacob 01/01/10 (long)

lisaboo79

Reaction score
well , here goes

i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28 weeks and i was always told i would be induced at 38, not somethin i wanted but i was told it was best for me and the little man

on tues 22nd december i went for a scan and was then told that i had to come in every other day for dopplers and monitoring and things, and my induction date was booked for new years day, last weds i went for monitoring and a sweep which i hated btw the doc who did it said she wasnt happy with the readings that day so they re booked the induction for new years eve:growlmad:

so 8am on the 31st i turn up to the hospital, greeted by a horrid midwife who showed me to my bed, told my sister(who dropped me off) to leave and and then told me to get my pants off and wait

2hrs later the dr shows up, and gives me the internal, turns out i was not favourable, so i get the first dose of gel, while she was doing it i was shaking, i hate anything like that and all she could say was "this is the easiest part of labour", they left and i balled my eyes out, i was on my own as i was told my partner could not be there, but yet the other 2 women in the room had thier partners, and they were having the same done

6 hrs later the 2nd dose, different dr, different midwife another internal and no change, maybe a small touch of backache

at 10pm i get the 3rd dose, again different dr and midwife, only change was my cervix had softened i was not dialated at all, the dr said if i was 2cm by morning they would break my waters, this was a truly awful way to see in the new year, by this time i was on my own in the room again i cried i felt so alone

7.30 am, woken by yet another midwife who said, come on we are going down to delivery get your stuff so off we went

had to wait in that room for half an hour before i saw anyone, yet another dr and mw came in, i had an exam and the dr said right lets break your waters, no mention of how dialated i was, she started to do it and it hurt like hell, it was so bad, again i was crying in pain, but they did it

the same dr then put drips in both my hands, one got stuck and she started shoving it in, and it was pouring with blood by this time 9.10am my partner had arrived, by 12 mins past my first contraction started, i had 3 in 10 mins, and they were very long and very painful, the dr to do the epidural was on her way but i still needed gas, 30 mins later the epidural was in, there was no way i could have taken any more

my next exam was at 11.30 and i was only 3 cm, the mw said it roughly took a cm per hour so i could be in for a wait, then the monitor i was on wasnt showing when a contraction was coming and i could not tell either, and babys heartrate had slowed slightly nothing to worry about i was told, my main concern ( still being a little high on gas) was the pain in my hand from the bodged drip!

now they were concerned about the heart rate, it was about 1pm at this point, the mw took the readings off to show someone and came back and started prepping me for a cesarian, jewellery off gown on extra epidural some tablet and the explanation of what a c-section would mean, i was shaking like a leaf and i could not stop

the dr came in, examined me, and told me i as fully dialated! the mw was shocked as was i, he said we would wait an hour for the babys head to descend and then start pushing, this was 1.25pm

they got my legs in stirrups a few mins later and one mw felt my tummy and told me to push lol so i did this was 1.45pm, then it seems like there were a million people in the room looking at my lady bits, but i suppose at that point i didnt really care

one mw held one hand, my partner held the other, and the mw was telling me when to push, then the dr told me i would need forcepts, all i saw was some metal lol im so glad i could feel nothing, by 2.15pm my baby was here, and obviouslt we were delighted! my partner fed him while it took the dr an hour to sew me up, it was all just so surreal

alot of it felt bodged, but we have a healthy baby boy and we are so very grateful for that, the dr that sewed me up saw me on the ward the next day and told me that another natural birth next time would be fine! no more for me! no way!

i didnt sleep the night he was born lol i couldnt, the next day it would appear every horrid midwife was working, i got no bounty pack, they didnt show them where i was, baby jacobs blood sugars were fine so we were allowed to go home, the mw who walked us out even had a moan about how far away the car was!! unlucky i thought, it was only when i got home i realised the extent of the damage to my lady bits, they look awful and i am now in absolute agony, i cant move much, and i dont know how long it will take to heal

was it worth it? of course
but i could not go through all that again, no way lol

he just was not realy to be here, though he is happy and healthy and thats the main thing

thanks for looking

Congratulations. I'm sorry you had such terrible time.

Take care. :hugs:

aw awful treatment, why the hell did they not let ur other half go in if 2 other ladies did?!?! on new years eve!! think ur owed an apology for poor treatment by the hospital not keeping u informed telling u to get ur stuff, and moaning. bloody useless, least u got an amazing baby for it all though but yeah sounds enough to put u off for life. well done for getting through it, hope ur not in too much pain and heal up quickly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

congratulations :hugs: little tip, full a condom with water, freeze it then put it in the inside of a sanitry towel and place that sanitry towel on your lady bits, numbs the area a little and helps for a while xxx

Congratulations hun :hug:. I also had an early induction, forceps and very painful and ripped lady bits (my birth story was posted a week or so ago, you'll see how similar it is).

i will have a little look at that, i now have an infection down there ewww my fella said there is one stitch in a long cut down there- nice tmi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->