Early labour ?

clacko

Reaction score
The past few days iv had bouts of contractions/braxton hicks, I've been having braxton hicks for weeks but these the past few days have felt a little different, they start off low down then go to the top of my bump and are a little more painful. It used to just be the top of my bump.

Last night I had them for around 2 hours lasting 40 seconds each coming every 15 - 20 minutes and then they just stop.

Are these just stronger braxton hicks or early labour? This is my third prehmancy and I'm 36 weeks. Previous 2 I was 2cm dilated at 37 weeks but never experienced contractions like this with those two. I also have the feeling like I need to have Bm but when I go its goes off.

Could be ur body getting ready for real labor. My bh always seem to get more frequent and more intense the further along I am. Unfortunately, it can go in for weeks before anything really happens. With each pg, our bodies will react a little different. I'm pg with my 5th, I'm 31 wks, and been getting bh with pressure for a couple of weeks.
Of course, u never know, could def be closer than u think! 😊

It sounds like BH and baby engaging but i hope its early labour for you.

Ive had BH at 4-8min apart for 2-4hrs, once a week since 34w

It could be either I suppose.

Could you try going on a walk see if the contractions pick up ? Hope things start for you soon. :)

Hey clacko :hi: I second Mummy to be's recommendation of going for a walk to see if they subside or increase. That's how I was able to differentiate BH from early labour.

They just seem to stay the same no matter what I do. Didn't have any last night. Baby been quieter today, I'm seeing consultant on Tuesday and if Bp is raised I'm been induced so might not have to wait much longer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->