early menopause?

wana b a mom

Brand new mom
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody has heard of early menopause symptoms? My last period was on April 20th and I had a normal period. I have one of those CBFM and around May 10th through 16th it was showing 2 bars (high probability); when it was supposed to start telling me I was ov it went straight to 1 bar (low probability), so I guess I didn't ov on May. My cycles are kind of irregular, but around 34 days. Now I am on day 40 and no period. What am I supposed to do? what is wrong with me? :wacko: could I be going through early menopause??:sad2:

How old are you? Are you ovulating regularly? I just turned 39 and have not been as 'regular' as usual, so I was wondering the same thing.

Symptoms of perimenopause can begin as early as 10–15 years before menses completely stop.

Women in their mid to late 30’s, 40’s, and early 50’s may transition in and out of a perimenopausal state many times before they finally enter menopause.

During the perimenopausal period you might experience menstrual irregularity.

As ovulation becomes more erratic, the intervals between periods may be longer or shorter, your flow may be scanty to profuse, and you may skip some periods.

Early perimenopause is defined as a change in your menstrual cycle length of more than seven days.

Late perimenopause is characterized by two or more missed periods and an interval of 60 days or more between periods.

Other symptoms include heavy bleeding, hot flashes, sleep disruption, headaches, dry eyes, vaginal changes, hair loss, weight gain, loss of libido or extreme emotional distress.

The good news is that one is still fertile during this period. I was shocked to find out that women are technically still fertile until one year after their final menstrual period.

So I guess it's true...
IF U BLEED U CAN BREED

thanks for posting!!!!!!!!
I am 34 going on 35 (3 months for my bday). I am just worried as of why I didn't ov and now I am not getting my period. What should I do regarding the CBFM? I was thinking I should maybe call the doctor. :s

Do you know for certain that you have not been ovulating? Have you tested for pregnancy? Was this your first cycle on the CBFM?

6th cycle on CBFM. I did ov before, but this month no ov (according to monitor). No period yet. I tested yesterday and got a BFN.

Fingers crossed wanna b mum. x

Early menopause is my worst nightmare really, lots of ladies in my family went through this very early and it scares me. Only found out when we started ttc again. Why did my Mum keep this to herself???? Now I always tell my younger friends who are thinking of ttc...ask your Mum this and that (I'm sure they think I'm an old fart!)

x

Apparently it can be normal for a woman to occasionally not ovulate so I would try not to worry too much if it is just one cycle with no ovulation.

But might be worth also seeing the doctor for some blood tests just to be sure and put your mind at rest :hugs:

thanks for posting!!!!!!!!
I am 34 going on 35 :s

Yep, same here. I'm pretty sure that I'm going through early perimenopause. Or at least starting it. I'm still ovulating, but things are definately changing. I've been to my doc, everything seems to be 'just ok'. I think it's something subclinical, or just too many not perfect lab values that add up to infertility. My mom and her 2 sisters were also early menopause, at 44. Their symptoms and cycles started changing at 37 and 38. I think I'm a few years ahead of them. Unfortunately, I just assumed I'd be like my grandmother. She had her last 2 children at 43 and 45.

It's also worth mentioning that every woman, regardless of age has anovulatory cycles .... I suppose we only become aware of them when TTC.

Good luck and Babydust

thank you all ladies!!!! well, I don't know what to do ... I guess it can be true (that every woman has non-ovulation cycles... but now how do I start using my monitor again if I have no period! ...
I travel a lot for work and I will be traveling this Thursday to next Friday (June 10th) so I can't schedule a doctors apt until then...
wish me luck...
I will post an update once I either get my period or get to see the doctor.

THANK YOU ALL LADIES AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Ive been wondering about all this myself to be honest. My last 3 cycles have been a bit irregular and im normally extremely regular with a 28-30 day cycle. I was 2 weeks late for last AF with no ovulation..the cycle before was a week early with possible ovulation and the cycle before that was 2 weeks late with no ovulation.
All this is just very unusual for me so i am wondering if im peri-menopausal

Also, don't forget...the CBFM does NOT tell you whether or not you ovulated, it only gives you an idea of when you MIGHT.

You have to do BBT to pinpoint an actual ovulation. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

Also, don't forget...the CBFM does NOT tell you whether or not you ovulated, it only gives you an idea of when you MIGHT.

You have to do BBT to pinpoint an actual ovulation. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

Really? I didn't know that. Since my monitor didn't show the ovulation icon, and instead it just went straight to "low probability" I assumed I never ovulated that cycle...
thanks for the info! I will be testing on July 17th since this cycle things were much more normal. Wish me luck! :dust:

Ive been wondering about all this myself to be honest. My last 3 cycles have been a bit irregular and im normally extremely regular with a 28-30 day cycle. I was 2 weeks late for last AF with no ovulation..the cycle before was a week early with possible ovulation and the cycle before that was 2 weeks late with no ovulation.

Hello Serendippy! I am sorry you are going though this. How did you know you didn't ovulate? I just ready Shelley's post and I guess I was wrong by assuming I didn't ovulate because my CBFM didn't show it...

good luck to you!!!

+++ Update!
I just my period the week I was traveling for business, so I was able to re-start my CBFM and go through the motions.... I will be testing on July 17th!! fingers crossed and positive attitude!!!!!

Yeah, the CBFM only shows a "peak" chance of when you could ovulate in the next couple of days. I bought it thinking I wouldn't have to temp anymore, but I was very wrong. I did a lot of research on ovulation, and figured out these monitors and OPKs only tell you that it might happen, and temping is the only way to be sure.

I'm glad you get to start your cycle over, though! I just had to be patient and wait for the next AF to show. It was 60 days, but the monitor counts them even though you don't turn it on, so it's all good.

I also learned that it only asks you for stick on CD6 the FIRST cycle. After that, it's between CD6 and CD9 - I had to wait until CD9 this time.

Good luck this cycle!!!

Hello Serendippy! I am sorry you are going though this. How did you know you didn't ovulate? I just ready Shelley's post and I guess I was wrong by assuming I didn't ovulate because my CBFM didn't show it...

good luck to you!!!

Hiya wana b a mom x

I chart and i never had a thermal shift and also me temps have mainly stayed flat. I did find out though that my thyroid levels were a bit low on my last blood test, so now the doc has increased the dose. Im hoping thats what has buggered up me cycles..will find out soo enough lol

Good luck to u too hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->