Early movements and placenta??

tulip2002

Reaction score
Does feeling your baby move in early pregnancy mean you are most likely to have a posterior placenta? Im 15 weeks today and have been feeling movements awhile now so just wondering if that means placenta is posterior?

I felt movements from 15 weeks with DS and placenta was anterior but slightly to the side so I felt movements much more on one side. This time its posterior and I only started feeling it a few days earlier but I do think I feel more movements.

It just depends. I felt movements on occasion pretty early in this pregnancy. At 16 weeks I was feeling at least something once a day. A couple weeks later I was getting nervous because the movements were still sporadic. (I figured I should be feeling them strong and regular since they started early.) However, it turned out that I did actually have an anterior placenta. That's a first for me, so I didn't know what to expect. For a couple weeks, as my uterus moved up in my abdomen, I only felt movements around where the placenta would be (so only on the sides and really low, and not so much in the middle/front). Now I'm 24 weeks and feeling them all over. Feeling the movements lightly on the outside, too, in spite of my uncooperative placenta. LOL

My experience was similar to isme. Both the twins have anterior placentas and I went through a week or so where I barely felt baby a even though she was moving regularly the week before. At 21 weeks, I can been both easily and frequently.

When I had an anterior placenta I actually still felt movement from 13 weeks! I was surprised to find out it was anterior. However, I didn't feel strong movements until 20 weeks and it wasn't regular until then either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->