Early period, but only for 3 days? Advice?

Gohan3117

TTC #1 After 2 MC's
Reaction score
Hi! I typically have a 32 day cycle, but I started spotting on CD22. It was light and an orange/brown color. It went to a light flow CD 23, with a medium flow on CD24, but now I'm just spotting again. I've had little to no cramps at all, and I typically have almost debilitating cramps every AF. I'm not convinced this was a period. I'm thinking maybe break-through bleeding, or IB of some sort? DH and I DTD 4 days before and the day before my predicted ovulation, but I didn't have any OPKs at the time, so I can't confirm if I O'd then, or earlier, or later. I'm wondering if maybe I'm pregnant. I take 200mgs of Prometrium CD14-end of cycle, but I've not stopped taking it, just on the off chance I am pregnant, and it's just IB or break-through bleeding. I don't want to risk it, if you know what I mean. It's too early to test, I know that. I'm supposed to get my real AF in 6 days. I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but I'd love to announce on Christmas. But anyway, any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Also, I take 1500mgs of EPO CD1-15, a daily Prenatal and this cycle I just started taking Myo Inositol, if that information is useful.

Did you take a test?

A lot of times, not all, but a lot of times progesterone will prevent ovulation from occurring. That would explain the irregular bleeding. What CD do you usually ovulate?

I am using progesterone cream and it did not stop me from ovulating. I was actually pleasantly surprised I O'd because I was all set not to.

However, I have PCOS and was very low in progesterone because of that disorder. If your progesterone is just a little low it may have delayed, or prevented O.

Did you have a scan or anything confirming O?

Thanks for responding!

I do have PCOS, and I take 200mgs Prometrium CD15-end of cycle. Since I've started the Prometrium, I've been getting bloodwork done on CD27/28 to confirm ovulation. Each time I've had a healthy post-ovulation number. :3

I typically ovulate around CD 20-22ish.

I go tomorrow to get my monthly blood work for my hormones, and I will also have Doc do an hCG test, just to check. :thumbup:

Today, my legs have been SUPER crampy. My thighs and calves and even my feet hurt. I've had some dull cramps, too. But other than that, I really can't pin-point any other symptoms.

:shrug:

Wow that is great news! Glad that you are O'ing monthly now. That is excellent! So progesterone does not always prevent Ovulation. That is wonderful to know. I hope others wondering about that can find this post.

It seems like there is a very good chance that was IB. I have read that women have had IB for 3 days and ended up with a BFP. Please update!

PS..just now realized you say plain as day you are low on progesterone right in your signature lol

Just got back from seeing Doc.

She said the irregular cycle is normal. She said it could have been my period, but it might not have been. I just started taking the Inositol this cycle, so she said it could just be my cycle regulating, since my testosterone level is finally going down. She said it could have also been IB, or maybe just breakthrough bleeding. She did a blood draw for Progesterone, Testosterone, Estrogen and hCG. I will get results by Wednesday of this coming week. I have tested every day since CD24, and nothing yet. I am only CD27 right now, so I know a BFP wouldn't show up yet, anyway. But whatever the turn out, I'll try to stay positive. :3

He there! So happy your testosterone is going down! Fantastic! I hope you had a wonderful day today. Very excited to know where your progesterone level is after taking the supplements. I took a test today, not sure if it is a hint of a line or nada. That is just how faint it was. Very well could be a shadow. Here is the link if you want to look at them and give your opinion...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...s-still-needed-someone-come-check-please.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->