Early period or Implantation Bleeding?

wantobemommy

Reaction score
Does my situation sound more like an early period or possible implantation bleeding? And how do I track my cycle if it is an early period?

Prior to the pill I had a regular 34 day cycle. I quit the pill and first month off, I counted day 1 when AF came, day 17 was positive ovulation test followed by mittelschmerz. Yesterday would have been cycle day 27 and was 10 days past ovulation. However, I started very light spotting, which increased a bit today and seemed to fade off to hardly anything and barely noticeable tonight.

First question, assuming this is my period early do I start over counting and count yesterday as day 1 and today as day 2? Second question, is it typical for a period to come only 10 days after ovulation? Furthermore, is it typical for a period to come early first month off the pill? A lot of what I have found online mentions it returning to normal cycle or being late possibly even months after quitting the pill?

I usually get my period around ten days post ovulation. But it could be implantation bleeding. There's no way to know without taking a test in a couple of days.
X

As soon as you start bleeding red like a normal period you count that as day 1 of your next cycle. If the bleeding doesn't get heavier or turn into a normal period take a test :)

Birth control is notorious for causing changes in your cycle once you come off. I was on bc for many years and once off my luteal phase (days after O but before AF was pretty short 8-10 days. Also I had spotting at random times and some months I didn't O at all. Your body has to start regulating it's own hormones after having it done by a pill for however long you were on them so it's a wonder some of us ovulate very soon after coming off them at all imo!

I would recommend charting during these months after coming off bc because positive opks don't mean you ovulated necessarily. Often your body has to gear up more than once to get the eggy out and you may get more than one positive opk (see all the thread with questions about multiple positive opks). Charting will give you a true picture of what's going on and what is ovulation spotting, possible implantation spotting, and of course AF. Good luck and hoping you get your bfp!

Does my situation sound more like an early period or possible implantation bleeding? And how do I track my cycle if it is an early period?

Prior to the pill I had a regular 34 day cycle. I quit the pill and first month off, I counted day 1 when AF came, day 17 was positive ovulation test followed by mittelschmerz. Yesterday would have been cycle day 27 and was 10 days past ovulation. However, I started very light spotting, which increased a bit today and seemed to fade off to hardly anything and barely noticeable tonight.

First question, assuming this is my period early do I start over counting and count yesterday as day 1 and today as day 2? Second question, is it typical for a period to come only 10 days after ovulation? Furthermore, is it typical for a period to come early first month off the pill? A lot of what I have found online mentions it returning to normal cycle or being late possibly even months after quitting the pill?

Hi hun! Hope I can help! I'll answer your questions to the best of my abilities.

Firstly, BCP will totally mess your system up. This is not to say that it will happen to everybody, because it doesn't. Depending on the birth control you are on, and in this case the pill, determines how long it will take for the birth control to be out of your system. Other factors will depend on your health, age, weight, metabolism, etc....

BCP relatively leave your system quickly, hence the reason that missing one pill can lead you into a pregnancy. Also, while BCP are prescribed a lot to regulate periods... once you stop, your fertility will almost always return to what it was before your started the BCP. This is great info if you knew what you were before...not so much if you've been on BCP most of your adult life. Needless to say it is NOT uncommon to have irregular periods and anovulatory after coming off BCP. I was lucky, my cycle resumed as it was before BCP immediately.

CD1 is the day you see bright red blood. Not the pink/brown spotting the day before... but the bright red blood. THIS is CD 1. So for you, based off of what you've written, I don't think you should count EITHER day as CD 1 and should be labeled as spotting.

As far as menstruation after ovulation, your luteal phase should be between 10-16 days long.... 10 is on the really low end of normal. BUT it is the norm for some women. Its really not so much the average that you should be looking for, its your NORM. How do you determine your norm? BBT charting, Cervical mucus checks, OPKs....etc.

As far as the spotting and it being a period or IB...I don't think its your period (BASED OFF WHAT YOU SAID) and IB bleeding 10dpo (assuming you DID O) is not unlikely, its very possible.

However, keep in my, spotting frequently throughout your cycle, especially in the luteal phase is indicative of hormonal imbalances and I really suggest BBT charting to track periods, ovulations and to really get an idea of what is going on in your body.

HOPE THAT HELPS!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back