Early Reassurance Scan

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Got our early reassurance scan tomorrow, will be 8-9 weeks, wondering if should start telling some people then, we've got a big family wedding on weekend so not sure how will be able to keep a secret with not drinking etc also some people attending wedding know my bosses so just wondering whether to tell work this week too.

Then there's telling our daughter too, who no doubt will tell everyone in school! But she did ask me last week.....have you got a baby in your tummy.....these kids are clever lol!

That is so cute she knows! It's really your preference. Socially, people wait until 12-15 weeks. I'm gun shy as I have lost two jobs to difficult pregnancies, so my current job will be lucky if I tell them before I sign my contract lol. My close family know (parents, brothers, my first cousins because I felt bad they told me) and one friend. I've had so many losses that I like being able to enjoy my pregnancy time with people. Everyone else will know when I know the sex (getting early bloodwork) around 10w, but work I am really not telling until I can't hide it anymore.

As for drinking, say you are on a medication or are designated driver or do a glass swap with hubs when people aren't looking. If it's cocktails, tip the bartender ahead of ordering and tell him your drinks need to be virgin.

Let us know how your appointment goes :)

Won't be making any 'public' announcements until had 12 week scan.

Just not sure whether to start telling close family friends etc if all ok tomorrow, plus daughter......who I'm sure will tell everyone!

I think telling close family is fine. Whose wedding is it? I know this is petty of me, but if someone chose my wedding day to announce a pregnancy I would be pissed. But I'm self centered lol. So maybe clear it with the bride first? I'd also ask yourself if you are ready for work to know since you said some work connections are there. Once the beans are spilled you can't unspill them

I'm 7w5d and my parents, his parents, grandparents, siblings, and our two best friends know. I will tell everyone else after 12 weeks. I also told my supervisor because I didn't want her to wonder why I kept having to leave early for doctors appointments.

It just depends on how comfortable YOU feel with the pregnancy. I wait until I'm not scared at all and have developed a bit of bond with my baby. So, the timing has been different with each pregnancy. I told right away at 6w1d when I was pregnant with my first, and I was petrified because I knew I announced way too early for my own comfort. I waited until much later with the rest of my kids (except for my fourth - I was so bloated that when I went to my cousins funeral, EVERYone asked when I was due. I was barely 6 weeks along!) , and I had some virgin drinks at parties and weddings until I felt comfortable announcing. :)

It's my husbands cousins wedding who I'm close to too, I would not announce it at her wedding, just that some people attending already know thanks to oh:shrug: so I'm guessing word will spread! The venue is a local venue so even the staff there are friends of the family!

I think I might tell my boss who is the one that has links to family friends but not announce it to the whole office!!

Then it's the decision of telling our daughter or not?

If you think she'll tell and don't want it to be announced that way I say either tell her right before and play up it being a secret (but if she spills it's ok because you are about to tell) OR just tell people my daughter does not know yet so please don't tell her and tell her that night after the adults

Yay! Wonderful news. I get my 8week scan Thursday and hoping all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->