Early scan at what should be 6 weeks pregnant

kaliegh

Reaction score
Hi im really confused.

Right i have been experiencing mild period like pains and lower backache for a little while soo i was referred to have a early scan which should have showed me as 6 weeks. When going to the scan it showed i was only 4 weeks pregnant with just a gestational sac no yolk sac? My dates are 100% right but now im wondering whether i ovulated and conceived late. My last period was 3rd of december but going by the scan it would have made me fall pregnant round about the 24th of december. Can this happen?

This is my second pregnancy and with my daughter i was having growth scans from 20 weeks as she was measuring smaller. Turned out i had a small baby. so could i actually be 6 weeks but just have a small baby again, but then wouldnt there be a yolk sac as im sure they appear from about 5 1/2 weeks

when does a yolk sac appear?

They have just told me im to go back in 2 weeks to rescan

When did you get a positive hpt? And yes, the yolk sac should be there in the 5th week.

That's exactly what happened to me a couple months ago at my 6 week scan. They brushed it off like my dates were probably off and to just come back in 2 weeks. I ended up having a mmc. I hope this isn't the case for you though!! I just wanted to share my story because I was SO shocked that I had a mc, as the doctors didn't seem concerned at all during my scan!

But this time around I paid more attention and I do think I ovulate late so it's entirely possible it's just too early! My last period was dec 4 which would make me 6 weeks today. I'm pretty certain I didn't ovulate until the 23rd or 24th which is why I haven't even been to see my doctor yet! I'm waiting until about 7 or 8 weeks to make an appointment so this time I'll have a for sure answer at my scan, not "come back in 2 weeks!"

So we could be very much in the same boat! Good luck hope it was just too early

I got a positive test on the 2nd of jan but it was very very very faint. i also done a clearblue digital test on monday and it sed i concieved 2-3 weeks ago which would only make me 4-5 weeks pregnant which is what was confirmed on the scan. The women doing the scan said everything looks positive at this stage but just shows me as 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks but now im worried as it can only mean 2 things 1 being i ovulated later which would make me 4 to 5 weeks or 2 being i am 6 weeks pregnant but it hasnt progressed past 4 weeks. Ive had no bleeding at all it was just i was getting period like pains which is why i called them

I had a scan at 6 weeks. I had a sac and that was more or less it. Went back a couple of weeks later and there was a tiny baby with a heart. My due date was pushed back 3 days due to this, I knew this might be the case as I have a short lp. As you can clearly see its all worked out. She's still is a week behind in measurements according to the last scan on Monday, but now they're not worried to much. Period like cramping is pretty normal in early stages of pregnancy as its the uterus growing and stretching so unless it gets worse or you start bleeding don't worry.

If your 1st hpt was Jan 2 and it was faint, then you could be just 4 weeks. It sounds like you probably o'd later in that cycle. And period like pains are normal. When I got pregnant I actually cramped worse than my usual af cramps, which is why I kept putting off testing bc I just knew af was about to show. Good luck. I hope you next scan shows a good progression.

Thank you guys. My next scan is on the 27th of jan but it feels a lifetime away. My previous pregnancy i had growth scan up untill i was 34 weeks as my daughter was smaller then she should be turnt out she was just a small baby, hoping to go bk and finally see my baby :) x

Try not to worry, i know easier said than done! Its either that you are in fact only 4 weeks pregnant or the baby isnt progressing. Sorry dont want to upset you by saying that and hopefully everything will be fine in your case. I know early scans arent always right with dates, did they do a tvu (internal scan).

Yes i had an internal scan and it just showed a gestational sac no yolk

Hoping you are only 4 weeks pregnant then. Good luck xx

I had the exact same yesterday! But I thought I was 7wks and they said 6, only saw sac, I have a retroverted uterus and the scan was abdominal. I have to wait 4wks till my next scan! Calling mw to see if she will book me in sooner, if not I'll be having a private scan in 2wks.

I wish you all the best xx

Hi Guys,

Thought i would update you. I called a different hospital today and asked to be seen and they told me to go in. I have another scan and i actually appear to be about 5 and half weeks pregnant and i did have a yolk sac. Also my gestational sac had seemed to double in size within 3 days soo i dont think the 1st hospital was actually doing there jobs properly as they had told me i was just showing as just about being 4 weeks pregnant.

Have a scan to prove everything seems to be fine. Too early to detect a fetal pole and heartbeat at this stage but am alot more positive about it

Attachments

• baby number 2.jpg
    baby number 2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 7
Thats great news kaliegh! I think the early scans arent that accurate as the slightest difference in measurments make a big difference to dating the pregnancy. Thats why they say to come back in 2 weeks. Best of luck to you xx

If your 1st hpt was Jan 2 and it was faint, then you could be just 4 weeks. It sounds like you probably o'd later in that cycle. And period like pains are normal. When I got pregnant I actually cramped worse than my usual af cramps, which is why I kept putting off testing bc I just knew af was about to show. Good luck. I hope you next scan shows a good progression.

Same here! My cramps when i was supposed to see af were SO TERRIBLE i was almost in tears. but alas af never showed and i was infact pregnant. But my dates were off by 6 days, u/s tech said i probably ovulated a little bit later than i thought.

I'm sure same is for you, hold out hope!:)

^ that actually gives me some reassurance too! My dates were off by about a week, super faint hpt but positive digi same day! This time next week I'll know if baby's ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->