Early Scan Help! Please comment...

Louisa1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently found out I am pregnant.
My LMP was the 21st April 2018 and I went for my first scan last week - on the 31st May.
Allthey found was a gestational sac sized 6x5x6mm and a yolk sac but no embryo or heartbeat.
Im getting confused over dates but I was thinking I would have been around 5 weeks 4 days at the time of the scan.

Do you think this makes sense in terms of dates and if so is my scan normal at this stage?

Thank you xx

Were they able to give you a date based on the scan? If you were 5+4 that’s very normal to not see an embryo or heartbeat. You’re more likely to see something past 7 weeks. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

That sounds right for your gestation, it's not very common to see much before 6+ weeks so try not to worry.

Yeah I would say you wouldn’t have seen much either

Congrats on your pregnancy! I wouldn't worry. I went at 5+6 and my doctor could only see the sac, no embryo. He sent me the next day for an ultrasound at a radiologists office with high tech equipment and they were able to see a heartbeat and embryo. Sometimes it's just not ready to be seen yet, sometimes it's the equipment, and sometimes the dates are off a few days. I know it's hard to wait and see but hold on to hope. That's all you can do. But don't let yourself start feeling like it's over. Time will tell. Sending you tons of positive vibes!

But just a another quick question - based on my LMP would my dates add up?

I had a scan at 5and4 and saw no baby no heartbeat. Wemt bsck at 6 and 4 and 2 babies 2 heartbeats. I wouldn't worry thst early on x

5 weeks 2 days we on,y saw a sac. Went back at 6 weeks 6 days and we had 2 babies 2 heart beats. Definitely normal to only have a sac at 5 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->