Early Scan Help Please

Buttonsbabe86

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So next Monday I have an early scan booked, where I will be 8wk exactly from LMP. When I booked it I assumed it would be trans-vaginal. But since been told if they can't see anything on that, they will do an internal. My friend recently had an internal and saw the heartbeat and then 2 days later miscarried and she feels it's because the internal scan 'interfered' with things.

Have any of you had internal early scans and everything has been fine afterwards? Logically I know they wouldn't do it if it was a risk and my friend was just unlucky. But getting myself in a tizzy, in case they suggest an internal.

I had two with DD2 around 6 and 8 weeks . No issues for me !

My last 4 pregnancy’s I had internal scans at 6 and 8 weeks and all has been fine. Goodluck lovely x

I had one with both of my healthy pregnancies for dating early on. They are now happy healthy 7 and 3 year old boys!

Thank you everyone. I guessed it would be fine or they would give you a warning before offering to do it. Logically I know if it's going to happen it will happen regardless, I think it was just unfortunate for my friend it happened a couple of days after the scan so she obviously thinks that caused it x

I'm not sure how a transvaginal could cause a miscarriage bc the wand doesn't go into the cervix. Miscarriages are more common during the early weeks (I think it's like 1 in 4 pregnancies result in miscarriage in the early weeks) and that's also when a transvaginal us is performed. I think it's coincidence rather than cause/effect. And to answer your question, with daughter, being high risk, I had 5 transvaginal ultrasounds. I'm sorry for your friends loss.

Hiya, the wand literally just rests in the entrance to your bits, it isn't inserted high up or anything so honestly no chance of it causing a miscarriage - it is nowhere near your cervix!

I've had these with all mine and worth it for a lovely clear pic of bubs.

Good luck xxx

Thank you @edthedog that does make me feel so much better. I thought it may go as far as the cervix Nd when they moved it around, maybe it just irritated my friend's if she had a particularly sensitive cervix. But knowing it just rests inside and doesn't go that far has made me feel a million times better. Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->