Early signs of GD...

LadyJayde

Reaction score
Early signs of Gestational diabetes doc says cut down carbs and sugars... I am so nervous and don't knwo where to start!

*hugs* It seems scary in the beginning, b ut can definitely be controlled, especially if caught early.

Did they offer to send you to diabetes counselor? They can usually get you on the right track.

I've had diagnosed GD since wk 16. I cut out white flour entirely. So everything was switched up to whole grain and eaten in smaller portions. I added more healthy fats, in the way of nuts/seeds/avocado, which helps me stay full.

You will be ok. I think there is a lengthy thread on GD diet in the gestational complications forum. Might be worth a look. Good luck!

Thanks! It is scary... a lot to learn. Have you lost weight this way too?

Hi Lady,

I haven't had my GD test yet and I didn't have it during my first pregnancy however for some reason I am paranoid about having it this time so I have adopted a diabetes diet and have been following that as I believe it's a healthy way to eat anyway. An example day for me is as follows:

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs & half wholemeal english muffin with nut butter
Snack - 1 cup low fat natural yoghurt with strawberries and chia seeds (optional)
Lunch - Salad with tuna - spinach leaves, feta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, baby beetroot, onion (whatever vegetables you want really)
Snack - carrot sticks, celery sticks, capsicum sticks with hommus
Dinner - any lean meat with steamed vegetables

Hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79