early symptons possible spd ?? 13 weeks

emma4g63

Reaction score
Hi all..
Not technicslly 2nd trimester just yet but thought would get more experience with this..

Iv never had spd and only hy googling my symptons had it popped up..

Im in agony lower back...groin area..right side constant pain
Hip pain...
I work 10 hour days 5 days a week...on my feet for 8.5 hours and its pyhsical such as pulling rails cages trollies bending up n down..on and off floor filling up...
Etc..
By 2pm im in agony and want to cry..
Iv also had a pain in my bum cheek !!

Im not sure its possible to have spd so early but what else is it...i wasnt like this with dd xx

Does it hurt to walk after sitting from working? I would say this is spd or sciatica. Good luck, it really does suck!!

It hurts to get up after sitting and hurts to walk at pace as my hip.
I feel like im 70 !!

Sounds like spd. I had it with all my kids....and I had it BEFORE MY BFP(!!!!!) this time. It was actually the thing that made me test, I had never felt that ache in my groin other than when pregnant and when I felt it I went out and bought a test. I expected to be dying by this point Since it started so early and I might have been if I had a hard fulltime job like you :hugs: but I'm able to take it easier and I've been okay. It mostly hurts for me when I sit still for a long time and then stand. Ouch! :hugs:

Thanks for ur reply
Worl is hard at the mo too im in retail managment and its coming to xmas and its very pysical work

Sounds like spd. I had it with all my kids....and I had it BEFORE MY BFP(!!!!!) this time. It was actually the thing that made me test, I had never felt that ache in my groin other than when pregnant and when I felt it I went out and bought a test. I expected to be dying by this point Since it started so early and I might have been if I had a hard fulltime job like you :hugs: but I'm able to take it easier and I've been okay. It mostly hurts for me when I sit still for a long time and then stand. Ouch! :hugs:

Too funny as this is my first sign of pregnancy as well.

I get SPD, and it is a pain in my groin, down my upper thighs, etc. I also get sciatica, which is a low back, hip and bum pain. If your problem is SPD, you'll know because you will feel and hear your pelvis POP out of place. Ohhhh, is it painful! If I spread my legs open too wide during a pregnancy, my pelvis goes out of place and never goes back. I've been extremely careful during this pregnancy, and I've kept my legs closed (lol). I have the popping still, but my pelvis hasn't stayed out of place yet. Thank goodness! It happened at 12 weeks with my third baby, and that was just too long to be in that much pain all the time. The sciatica can be helped by wearing a pregnancy/back brace. They're pricey and sometimes uncomfortable but worth it

I have had this with two out of my five pg, and I am starting to get it again in this one. I was lucky for it to start later this time. Unfortunately all the things you do at work are the some of the reasons that is causing the pain. Anything that we do that causes our pelvis's to move unequally will make the pain worse.

I have done a lot of preventative measures this time, like not carrying or lifting things are slightly heavy, always standing on two feet at the same time, taking smaller steps, never crossing my legs or ankles, keeping my knees together while sleeping and getting out of bed, not pushing a heavy shopping cart, and not taking long walks, or walking at a faster pace. As long as I keep to this the pain is way less. But the further along I get the more i notice the pinches and pulls.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks ladies

Youve been very helpful

My boss hasnt even done my risk assessment so ill be informing him i need to slow down

Been today on a 14 hour shift im in agony i want to cry and sat down now at home and cant bare moving :(

Odear me if i feel like this now how am i going to make it to 40 weeks

Definitely SPD :( Tylenol is your friend, but I suggest taking it before bed time so you can sleep without the hip pain.

It's awful isn't it! I started with it at around 10 weeks this time and it's just got worse and worse. Mention it to your midwife and she should refer you to a physiotherapist. I'm still waiting for my appointment to come through but my midwife says they should give me exercises to help alleviate the pain and could also give me a support band/belt.

Thanks hun

Sure i dont see mw now until 16 weeks but ill mentiom it then....

Off work for a week now so oping it will help

Feel for you! Sounds like we do similar jobs, I'm a few days ahead of you and it's really started playing me up again :( though it never really went away after my first! Dreading this getting worse :(

Thanks gem..
What is it what u do if y dont mind me asking ??

With dd i was ok...this pregnancy i feel exhauatsd compared but to be fair aving the 3 year old now adds to it lol

Yes I think it does add to the tiredness having a toddler!

I work at asda, luckily at the minute on the tills so not too strenuous usually! But parts of it have been. My manager & supervisors are generally good at looking after me x

Awwww i wish..

Im assistsnt store manager at bhs ...
My sm is not understanding at all..
He questioned me yesterday on not lifting a 15kg porcelian statue in a huge box ....
I said if you had done my risk asssezment ud know im high risk and under the consultant who had advised to take lifting lightly as possible !
I was furious :(

Yeah, my store seem to be very cautious of pregnant women, basically if you're pregnant they put you on tills ASAP. As I am at the minute, there's no way I could do warehouse or shop floor. I'd start giving your boss some legal guidelines he should be following! Don't hurt yourself because of him!

You know hun im going to start being funny if he carries on.im not puttin myself or baby at risk for anyone.....
I wish my company thought more of us ....

My bosses word were pregnancy isnt a illness do u think back in the day people couldnt lift or go in the fields alone...

Yea and back in the day misscarriage rates were awful !!!!
With my dd i did lots at work i should not av i took it for granted
Easy pregnamcy..
After a my losses i have changed i will never again

I don't blame you at all...start giving them hell. It's not fair to hurt yourself for a bloke who has no idea!

Thanks hun uv been fab ...
Week off now so once back demanding risk assesement ....and ill go from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"