Earrings on older boys

I just don't like it on males, well i think its suits the whole tattooed bad boy image but a man in a suit with 2 diamond studs, no thanks!
But i don't really like it on boys, i would in all honesty try and discourage my son from having it done, i would take a lot of persuading!
But where i am, i rarely see boys with studs in

Thats a point actualy, i dont like men with gold/silver studs but i dont mind other types. OH has small hoops that fasten with little balls. Hes quite indie/alternative though.

yes, exactly my point, glad people understood my rambling lol!

I don't think it looks nice on boys!! A bit tac however that's just my opinion. X

Here in Canada most of the older boys have them. Well mostly the ones into tattoos, punk music, metal etc. I do think it has to do with the area they are in. And I think that men should be allowed to get them as a women would get them. It should not be gender specific. And I don't even like the way they look (the big guage ones) but this is just my opinion.

I don't mind. Equality and all that ;)

i wud never mention it to my boys till they mentioned it to me :/ dnt like the idea but saying tht there only 3 and 10mth x

I dont think there is anything wrong with boys having piercings, my brother had his lip pierced twice, tounge and left ear done 3 times. Loads of boys I know have their ears pierced I dont really see how its any different to a girl having them done

My OH has both his ears done and wears studs in them and on him, I love it... But on my son? I can't picture it until he's in his teens... I find it a bit chavvy looking - shaved head and tracksuit... Which isn't my sons style... I just can't picture in my head it suiting him. That's just my feeling in regards to my son tho. Many of his friends have there ear pierced, but they aren't long haired pretty boys like my DS is.

I could care less about earrings on boys. But I think the stretch ones are nasty - with a hole that big, you'd always have to wear the plugs, right? Your earlobe wont ever again pop back into shape. Plus, I could smell one once. Like the guy had never cleaned it and I wanted to puke. But that's O/T :)

I probably think they are nasty because I will forever associate them with that ghastly odor :sick:

:haha:

I hate the huge stretched lobe ones. They just look horrible to me. DH had 2 piercings in his left ear and one in his right as that was the style when he was in his late teens early 20s (he's 39 now). He let them close up when he was out of college. I don't care all that much if older boys have them but I do think there's a stigma where I live that it's a certain class/type of people that have them.

Morgan is eight, and has asked quite a few times but I've not let him yet because I dont think his ready. I've also not let his seven year old sister for the same reason. Maybe when they're 11+ (when I get there it will be 13+, then 16+ :haha:)

I don't like the look of it at all, don't really know many who have them, and if the do they are really common so that makes it even more no-no, my husband really hates them too. But if my boys wanted one then its their body and their choice, but they would have to be at least 8-10, and I would discourage it as much as possible until much older.

I don't suppose there is really any harm in it, it's a fashion thing, but I guess I'm a but if a snob, oh and I both dress and our general appearance is fairly conservative, I dye my hair but always a natural colour etc. natural make up etc.

But the answer is if they wanted one I wouldn't stop them.

I must admit, the stretch ones. I don't like those and if he wanted one of them I would talk him out of it as they do actually deform the ear forever unlike a simple stud.

The type of guys who do have a stud here defo aren't trackie wearing types. Then tend to be guys who very much care about their appearance in smart clothes with nice styled hair. Like hairdresser type guys. Just shows how much it does vary by area. The stretch ear emo thing is really common around here with teens.

I don't like piercings in general but I don't see much difference between a boy having a simple stud or a girl having her ears' pierced and if I have a boy he'd be allowed to make his own choice once he's a teenager just like Maria will (although I will tell them that I'm not keen on it but its still up to them)

My views on this are the same as a girl if they are old enough to decide they want it then they can get them pierced. Unless its against school policy that is.

I'm not a fan. I'm really not a fan of the stretched out earlobes from large gauges, they look icky to me.

My son is 12 and he has an earring, I got it for him , so many here have them and honestly I just don't think it is a big deal. My husband does not like them at all. My oldest is 21 and has them in both ears, nowhere else, my middle son is 19 and has none. Just thought I would share my opinion :flower:

I just don't like it on males, well i think its suits the whole tattooed bad boy image but a man in a suit with 2 diamond studs, no thanks!
But i don't really like it on boys, i would in all honesty try and discourage my son from having it done, i would take a lot of persuading!
But where i am, i rarely see boys with studs in

I agree.

As much as my son will be allowed one when he is older, I really don't like them and would discourage too.

^wss
I'm really wouldn't stop him but I would try and persuade him not to as I hate it.

i have no roblem with piercings, infact my oh had his done and he wasnt a chav or alternative. Infact he got his done during a period where he was very metrosexual and refused anyone from touching his perfectly groomed hair haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->