Easter Traditions

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
I am wanting to create some Easter traditions, and looking for ideas!

I know Good Friday usually means eating fish as a tradition, so think we will keep that one.

When do you have your easter eggs?

Do you do easter egg hunts? give me some ideas.

Egg rolling?

Please share any of your traditions!

We have a easter egg hunt, oh's aunts hide little eggs all through the back garden and we arnt aloud to look then we all gaver at the back door and leg it ro grab as many as we can (bare in mind theres 5 of us all in our 30's) :)

Its one of those traditions from being a kid that we have never alowed them to stop and niw Brian gets to join in.
This will be his first year looking himself so there are rules to be slower, its normaly its mad dash with lots of dirty tricks but we all swap and share after.

Then we all sit down and swap our main eggs then have a meal.

We have loads of christmas, easter, halloween, valantines, mothersday traditions that we stull do even though we are all grown up but we get to do them with Brian now

We go to mass then head to the park to roll Easter eggs. We normally go to my mum's or the inlaws for dinner. When I was a kid we used to always get a new spring outfit for Easter but the boys have so many clothes I don't think we'll start that one for a few years yet.

Church on Goid Friday, and fish. Church on Easter Sunday, and lamb.

We do an Easter Egg hunt, have a big family lunch, little decorations everywhere (daffodils, tulips, little eggs and chicks hanging from pussy willow...Easter china and napkins etc)..lots of eggs!

Lizzie and I (Ally will try and attck it all!) will be decorating eggs and making gingerbread chicks and chocoate krispie nests, too...we always did those things as children.

I forgot yo say we go to church, oh dear I just sound like its all about the chocolate now :)

thanks everyone,

we have the in laws staying for the weekend that weekend, plus we have the twins baby blessing on the sunday (it needs to be easter as that is when his parents can come).

So friday will be fish, Sunday will be party food, but usually i would want to do a dinner, i am wondering if/when to do a easter egg hunt and egg rolling, i really want to do the egg rolling as it seems more of a scottish thing so its something i would like to keep.

i just ordered 48 cadburys creame eggs, so need to do some sort of hunt! lol!

Every Easter without fail we have an egg hunt. It'll be weird this year though since my step brother isn't living at home anymore, that makes three of my siblings so we're slowing losing people. However next Easter I'll have my little one which certainly makes up for it :happydance:

Apart from that, we don't have other traditions.

I'm really looking forward to starting new traditions as my son gets older.

Smokey that sounds like such fun!

I remember painting eggs one year, which we absolutely loved, only it didn't go on to become a tradition as my daft parents didn't cook or drain the eggs first, so when they displayed them and one happened to crack it was a good few weeks before they noticed, by which time the whole shelf was crawling in maggots :sick:
So my Mum banned egg painting :lol:

We always had a new outfit too :)

We've never done anything around Easter time, just was given the Easter eggs and that's it :shrug: I'd like it to be different so I think I may get some mini creme eggs and do a egg hunt for DD - she'd love it!! :lol:

LO has been too young for anything proper before but this year we are going to have Easter breakfast on Sunday ( hot cross buns, scotch pancakes with toppings, chocolate, croissants, pastries etc) do an Easter egg hunt in the garden and I'm going go get some craft things to do like an Easter bonnet and maybe we will do the egg painting thing too :haha:

Growing up, we used to dye Easter eggs the week before Easter. As we grew older, we had fun drawing on the eggs in white crayon and then dying the eggs to see the patterns. :thumbup:

The Saturday before Easter, we'd take our Easter baskets full of Easter dinner ingredients - kolbasi, paska (Easter bread), hrudka (Easter cheese), oplatki, beet horseradish, butter, and eggs - to the Church for the blessing of the Easter food.

Saturday night, once we went to bed, our parents would make our Easter baskets and hide them throughout the house. Then, we'd wake up Sunday morning and scurry about trying to find our baskets. Afterwards, we'd go to Church and then come home and help Mom get Easter dinner on the table before the rest of our family arrived.

Once LO arrives, I have a feeling DH and I will start making our own traditions.

My mum has this little tree and hangs mini easter eggs on it (crafted ones- non edible). Kind of like a small christmas tree...but easter. Lol.

we always had an egg painting competition and then rolled our eggs :) easter was amazing for us because we were brought up on a farm and we had massive geese eggs which took ages to crack when rolling and everyone else was jealous :haha: their wee hen eggs were obliterated on the first roll :)

we didn't do anything else though, easter was 100% chocolate and egg rolling for us and only them because we would have been left out at school if not.

We always have fish on good friday, a big easter egg hunt on easter sunday we use the reusable eggs and then trade them in for treats at the end. For lunch we have roast lamb followed by hotcross bun bread and butter pudding and custard. Oh and the kids always make chocolate nests out of shredded wheat and melted chocolate which we fill with mini eggs yum :)

i hide the kids eggs around the house alone with little eggs, we also paint/decorate boiled eggs and then roll them down a hill :)

Green thursday is for eating lots of green stuff, and easter sunday is the easter egg hunt. :)

In the weeks before that we painted blown out eggs and hung them up on trees, bushes or shrubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->