Easy recipes

Noodlebear

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hiya ladies,

I'm not the most confident cook in the world so always stick to things that are pretty straight forward, there are only so many ideas I can come up with before every week gets a bit 'samey'. I was just wondering if anyone had any yummy ideas they wouldn't mind sharing? :flower:

This is one of my favourite meals, so easy https://studentrecipes.com/recipes/beef/beef-and-baked-bean-casserole/

I'll plug in my external harddrive and see what else might be on there

Chilli baked potato
Serves 2.

Beef mince 250g 630 cals
Kidney beans 200g 118 cals
Tinned chopped tomatoes 400g 90 cals
1 garlic clove 4 cals
Chilli powder 2 tbsp 20 cals
Tomato puree 1 tbsp 15 cals
Dried mixed herbs 1 tea spoon 10 cals
Butter 20g 107 cals
2 McCain baked potatoes 416 cals (I am OBSESSED with these - you can use normal baking potatoes)

Fry the garlic in a large pan for a couple of minutes and add in the mince - cook until browned. Add in the chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.

Add in the tinned tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato puree, 150ml of hot water, the mixed herbs and bring it to the boil then reduce to a simmer for approx 40-45 minutes or until the sauce has developed a thicker consistency - for how long you simmer is down to personal taste. Keep an eye on it until it's as thick as you like it.

When it only has approx 10 minutes left, throw your baking potatoes in the microwave (or you can put them in the oven at the start!). Once ready, remove, quarter, spread the butter over and spoon the chilli mixture on top.

Spinach and feta cannelloni
This recipe serves 2.

Feta cheese 100g 257 cals
Baby spinach 200g 60 cals
Chopped tomatoes (tin) 400g 90 cals
Fresh egg lasagne sheets - 4 sheets 268 cals
Mild cheddar cheese 15g 62 cals
Dried mixed herbs 2teaspoons 0 cals
1 fresh garlic clove 4 cals
Boiled white potatoes 150g 114 cals
= 855 cals / 427.5 cals per serving.

Using a tablespoon of oil, cook crushed garlic glove and stir in the chopped tomatoes and mixed herbs and let it simmer until the sauce has developed a thicker consistency - usually about 10-15 minutes.

Boil your lasagne sheets for approx 10 minutes or until soft enough to wrap. Drain them and, when they've cooled down, cut each sheet in half.

Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of water to a large pan, bring it to the boil and throw in your spinach leaves before lowering the heat and letting it cook for approx 2-3 minutes. Throw in the feta, mix it around and set it to the side.

Bring the spinach and feta to your half cut lasange sheets, cover half the sheets with the mixture and roll them up before placing them in an oven proof dish.

Bring over the tomato sauce you made and pour it over your cannelloni, cover with foil and put it in the oven at 180c for approx 20 minutes - long enough for the top of the cannelloni to go a nice, golden brown.

The potatoes in the ingredients list were for potato wedges - optional and cooked in your preferred way!

Braised chicken and beans

This recipe serves 2!

Fresh carrots 125g 39 cals
Tinned chopped tomatoes 200g 45 cals
Red kidney beans 200g 117 cals
White mushrooms 250g 55 cals
Diced chicken breast 260g 359 cals
Garden peas 50g 36 cals
Vegetable stock 200ml 14 cals
1 garlic clove 4 cals
Dried mixed herbs 16g 0 cals
Tomato puree 16g 15 cals
Plain white flour 16g 55 cals

= 739 calories / 369.5 calories per serving.

Dust off your chicken breast with flour, heat a little oil in a saucepan and cook the chicken until browned all over then set aside in a separate dish.

Fry the garlic in the same pan for a couple of minutes and add in chopped carrots and mushrooms until the mushrooms are soft - approx 3-5 minutes.

Bring the chicken back to the pan and mix in the kidney beans, stock, tomato puree and tinned tomatoes and bring it to the boil before reducing to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes.

Approx 5 minutes before removing the pan from the hob, mix in the peas.

Serve!

Cottage pie
Serves 2.

Raw carrot - medium 25cals
Boiled white potatoes 500g 380 cals
Tin of chopped tomatoes 200g 45 cals
Beef mince 250g 630 cals
Semi-skimmed milk 60ml 30 cals
Vegetable stock 200ml 14 cals
Vegetable oil 15ml (approx 1 tbsp) 124 cals
Dried mixed herbs 2 teaspoons 20 cals
1 garlic clove 4 cals
Tomato puree 2 tbsp 10 cals
Margarine/butter (I use I can't believe it's not butter) 1 tbsp 70 cals

= 1352 cals / 676 cals per serving.

Preheat the oven to 180c.

Cook the mince through until browned, remove from the pan and set it to the side.

Put the halved potatoes in a pan of boiling water and boil for approx 20-25 minutes or until tender enough to mash.

Leave a small amount of the juice from the mince in the pan and lightly fry the garlic then add the carrots for another 3 or so minutes.

Return the mince to this pan and add in the mixed herbs, stock, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and bring it to the boil before reducing to a simmer for approx 15 minutes or until the sauce has developed a thicker consistency.

Whilst the sauce simmers, remove your potatoes from the boil, drain and add the marg/butter and milk and mash well.

Transfer the contents of your pan to an oven proof dish and evenly cover with your mashed potatoes, running the fork over the top to give it a rough texture - this helps in crisping off the top as it's in the oven.

Place in the over for approx 20-30 minutes or until the mash in evenly golden on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->