Eating and pulling our hair???

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi

So I have a very big healthy bouncing baby who is ridiculously strong. He loves grabbing your hair and then eating it. The baby is obsessed haha every opportunity he grabs and literally burys his head in your hair.
I’m convinced he has some sort of pica??

Any ideas, I’m sure it all comes under being a phase but any ideas apart from shaving my head? :)

Both of mine have done this around 8-10 month old mark. My son is obsessed with my hair, we're going hiking today and I have my hair tied up in a bun on the top of my head because with him on my back he will reach up and pull out fist fulls of my hair if he can. He puts it in his mouth if he can, but he puts everything in his mouth so I don't think he especially likes to eat hair it's just what he automatically does if he gets something in his hand. He also likes to put dog hair in his mouth if he can find it (good motivation to vacuum each day!). My daughter did this too before she turned one. She grew out of it so I assume he will too.

It makes your eyes water. I think the fact is he giggles when he does it! Little mischief. Not just mine then. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->