Eating healthy with nausea

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Within the past few days I have started to feel slightly nauseous in the mornings/early afternoon. It's worse when I'm travelling on the tube/train.

It almost feels like my stomach is hungover and I don't know what to eat to settle it.

I've tried eating healthy (cereal, fruit, salads etc) but it's just not getting rid of it.

This morning I ate a bacon bagel as I just really felt I needed carbs and it really did the trick and I've not felt nauseous since.

I just worry that eating unhealthy will effect the babies development.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

I'm the same my nausea has only just kicked in rather late and healthy foods just don't make me feel better but junk does. Not sure what to suggest as I'm on same boat :(

I know what you mean Bundle...every time I walk past McDonald's I just want one! I've managed to resist so far but I'm definitely craving junk food too! Even before pregnancy I was never a big junk food eater, only when hungover, which I think is the problem as my stomach feels constantly hungover! :haha:

I've found carbs to be much more easy to handle than non-carb stuff at the moment.

For lunch I've been having pitta bread & hummus which seems to help quite a bit. Breakfast has changed to toast from yoghurt and fruit but I couldn't manage the latter at all anymore so had to swap!

I've been feeling nauseous for the past three weeks and I just can't figure it out either. Honestly, I'm not super worried about it affecting development and I know I will be able to eat as healthy as possible as soon as I feel better. For now, anything that makes me feel OK, is good enough for me. I just think, some women are so sick they can't keep down anything and have to be hospitalized for dehydration. Normally, they're babies are just fine, so I think mine will be okay if I can only eat pizza for the next month lol. Fingers crossed we all start feeling better soon and can get back on the healthy eating train!

Well, for my last pregnancy when I was really, really nauseous all. the. time. (Seriously it never went away even for a brief respite from 3.5 weeks until 16 weeks), all I wanted most of the time was pizza. So terrible! But it made me feel a bit better. I did try to eat healthy whatever chance I got, but I would literally be gagging it out if my body decided it didn't want it. My doctor at that point told me to eat what I need to eat to get through those weeks- not that you should see it as a free ticket to go crazy on the unhealthy side, but just that if you're not eating fantastically for a little bit, it's ok. Once the nausea subsided, I made a concentrated effort to eat well, and I gained 25 lbs. the entire pregnancy (perfectly healthy weight gain) even with all the pizza eating for 3 months.

This time, the nausea is a bit less. So I eat some good source of protein that sounds good, let it settle my tummy a bit and then get some veggies in while the tummy is feeling good. So I can really only get most veggies in a couple bites at a time throughout the day, but it works ok!

Thanks everyone! That's made me feel a bit better and I won't feel as bad now eating that next burger/pizza or chips! I did manage to get 2 pieces of fruit down me this afternoon once the bacon bagel had done the trick, so I think as long as I eat some healthy stuff where I can I'll be fine! :thumbup:

Plus I'm taking a pre natal which has all the vitamins baby needs so at least that's something I guess.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon! :flower:

Xx

Ji, I know how you feel - it's a nightmare but the way I see it as long as we are managing to keep down some calories it's better than nothing, and I've started taking Pregnacare vitamins as they have the folic acid as well as everything else. I hope the sickness subsides soon for you all x

I'm in the same boat. I want nothing but carbs! Meat is not appealing to me right now. I'm trying to eat fruits and veggies but carbs are all I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->