Ebay and debt collecter

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
So I sold a iPhone on ebay but the person didn't pay so I was charged the final fee £50 I owed £50 too from when it finally sold but ebay wouldn't refund me the other amount or let me pay just the £50 I owe so I got a letter from a recovery agency threatening debt collecters? Where do I stand? I've phoned the agency but there demanding the money right now but I can't afford to pay it all at once and wanted to split in half, minus what I don't owe..... Would it help if I told them I was on a debt management plan? X

If you are offering them a reasonable amount to start to pay the debt they have to accept it (I think but check with CAB) stand firm, tell them this is all you can offer to begin with.

If you had to relist you shouldn't be charged. Why are they not crediting the fee?

If you had to relist you shouldn't be charged. Why are they not crediting the fee?

This. If the buyer didnt pay you open a non paying bidder dispute and that will get you any fees from that sale back and you can relist it free. If you just t then as far as ebay sees thats 2 items.

Because ebay forgot to close it I have email proof they have said twice that they would credit it but havnt :(

I would take it up with ebay then. Phone them, they should be able to credit you instantly.

Because ebay forgot to close it I have email proof they have said twice that they would credit it but havnt :(

You should close your own unpaid item cases..what happened to the case, did it time out or?

Basically i had the genie thing on where it opens/closes cases its self but it didn't and i have phoned several times in which they have said they will credit me and they havnt?? the last time i spoke to them was Saturday they said that i have to pay the amount then they will credit it to my ebay account but i cant afford to plus i woant the actual money not credit on my ebay?? x

You should close your own unpaid item cases..what happened to the case, did it time out or?

I would send a copy of the emails to the debt collector and tell them you don't owe it. Here that would make them have to back off.

Basically i had the genie thing on where it opens/closes cases its self but it didn't and i have phoned several times in which they have said they will credit me and they havnt?? the last time i spoke to them was Saturday they said that i have to pay the amount then they will credit it to my ebay account but i cant afford to plus i woant the actual money not credit on my ebay?? x

You can actually still close it even with the Genie set up.

The Genie is more or less a back up in case for big time eBay sellers so that unpaid items can be taken care of automatically without it having to be another task that needs to be dealt with...

I've been selling hundreds of cell phone cases on eBay for over a year now, and even with that genie set up, I can still open and then close unpaid cases easily, you just have to know where to look :)

So, I would just ignore eBay's request for the moment and go on there and find that sale, on the right side of the listing should be a drop down box which you want to click on and then select 'Open Unpaid Case' or sometimes it says 'Resolve a problem'. Either one will take you to another page where it 'talks' to you about what you can do with the buyer, but you want to just open the case so hit the button that says 'I'd like to open an unpaid case' (or something similar, I forget the exact wording but you'll know it when you see it :) )

Then you just click that the buyer hasn't paid you, eBay will then inform you that you have to wait like 3-4 days total. Then after that time has passed, go back to eBay and click on your messages, find the one where you opened up a case (it's the easiest way I find to get to the resolution center) and then click on the blue button in it that you'd like to see the case information.

After that, it should give you the option to say that the person 'did' pay you and you want to cancel OR 'You just want to close the case and receive the final fee back'

Make sure you click the right one, I've made the mistake a few times of clicking the option that they 'did' pay me and then I was stuck with the fee... although mine are only $0.69 each, $50 though is a lot so you want to make sure you click the right one.

After that, the fee should be reversed and everything will be okay :)

eBay is only making it seem like a hassle because it's the end of the month, and the bills get processed... those who owe money with the fees will then have a bill produced showing it, but you can still have it reversed by taking care of the case :)

I do this all the time, in fact I just closed 3 cases today for purchases that were before the end of the month. They were charged to me this morning, but as soon as I closed out the cases, all the fees were instantly reversed when I checked my account summary :)

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice and info but its past the date you can do it now that's why I'm having hassle :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->