Ebay help please :(

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
I sold a brand new medela swing breastpump on ebay for £82, it was factory sealed ..... brand new!

the buyer just sent me a message saying that the factory seal wasn't intact and she wants a refund with me paying return postage

do I have too refund?? will paypal make me?? it was flaming factory sealed when it left here! I am guessing she was planning on pulling a fast one by saying it didn't turn up but I sent recorded, so shes opened instead and wants refund!

Did you take a pic of the seal hun? x

and also, what happens about the fee's ebay have taken from me (almost £9) if I do have too refund??

but anyone that has one can tell by the photo that the box hasn't been opened! they are pretty thin boxes that rip easy!

I think I'd email back and say it's clear from the photos that it hasn't been opened and you're not paying for return, see what she says. She might just not bother x

I rang ebay who said I have too open a case (which I have now done) and that I have too refund but only once she has returned it :(

There's tons of this going on at the minute. Putting me right off eBay.

This is where working for Ebay comes in handy, lol.

Yes, you will have to refund, however you will not have to pay the return postage. By opening a case it will mean SHE will have to sent it back, and she will have to send in back as recorded to prove she has sent it - if it's not sent via recorded, just claim you haven't received it, the cheeky bint. If it is sent recorded then yes, you will have to refund her - you will refund her via ebay and paypal so both paypal fees and ebay fees will be refunded back to you too x

This is where working for Ebay comes in handy, lol.

Yes, you will have to refund, however you will not have to pay the return postage. By opening a case it will mean SHE will have to sent it back, and she will have to send in back as recorded to prove she has sent it - if it's not sent via recorded, just claim you haven't received it, the cheeky bint. If it is sent recorded then yes, you will have to refund her - you will refund her via ebay and paypal so both paypal fees and ebay fees will be refunded back to you too x

thanks hun :)

she sent me another message asking for me too pay return postage, I told her it isn't my responsibility too cover return postage but as a gesture of good will I am willing too refund half of her return postage providing it is returned in a unopened & unused state and the box has no rips or tears ..... the photo on ebay shows the condition of the box when sent)

What happens if she returns it and has opened it or used it or trashed the box?? do I still have too refund as that would seem totally unfair as I lose out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->