eBay help please?

L

little_cookie

Somebody brought a 3DS bundle from me last week and is now claiming it is broken. She has asked for £120 of her £130 back- apparently this is generous but she has sold 2 games that I included that she has sold on for at least £40 (looking at prices on eBay, recycling etc). She is also refusing to pay return postage.

This console WORKED when I sent it so I feel she has gone and broken it and is now claiming that she recieved it broken :nope: :growlmad:

She is refusing to return the whole bundle.

What should i do.

wow how cheeky!!

Ebay wont make you refund unless she proves shes sent it back.

yikes it sounds like she's trying to scam you :nope: people often buy things and then request their money back saying that they were damaged. I'd tell her that you're willing to pay for postage if she sends it back, and then you'll give her a partial refund since you're not receiving everything you sent! Once the item comes back to you refund her what she paid minus the original postage and the cost of the two games she sold.

Whatever you do try not to annoy her because if she opens a dispute with paypal, it's more than likely that they will refund her automatically and either remove the money from your account or you'll have a negative balance. It sucks but I've seen it happen many times, and paypal usually sides with the buyer :nope:

I'm sorry you're in such a sucky situation!

surely if she requests a refund then she would need to return everything? You cant buy that sort of thing in a shop and return only half of it and expect nearly a full refund.

i hate ebay sometimes. Don't know how people think they can get away with things like that.

I would not refund her a penny. She sold the games separately? And is refusing to send them back? What about the money she made off of the games?

Did you sell the item AS IS? Or did you give some type of a warranty? If you're required to send her a refund I would only be returning the amount she paid deducted by the profit she made off of the games. I would print off her posting selling the games. You sold her a bundle and now she is trying to get her money back when she is not returning the entire package deal.

She sounds like a scammer, be careful with her.

i would message her & say you will refund when you recieve the whole bundle..

shes clearly just brought it to sell the games on & then get a refund & claim its broken.. what did she say was broken on it? xx

Thanks everyone. Luckily she has given in and closed the case.

x

Glad she's closed the case. I would definitely have said that she could have a refund if she returned the whole bundle, which she obviously couldn't do & eBay would then see the communication.

What a cheeky cow.

Please add her to your blocked bidder list so she can't try it on with you in the future. Another helpful hint, if sending anything electronic and high value, take a photo of the serial number so if they say it's faulty and return it, you know it's the one you sent. x

Please add her to your blocked bidder list so she can't try it on with you in the future. Another helpful hint, if sending anything electronic and high value, take a photo of the serial number so if they say it's faulty and return it, you know it's the one you sent. x

this!

Congrats on getting it closed and done with! :thumbup: I'm glad she didn't open a dispute with paypal, those get really annoying and ugly for the sellers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->