ebay help (sorry!)

LuckyYem

mum to 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Last Friday I ordered a pair of sandles for dd2 from ebay when I ordered and paid for them it said estimated delivery between Sat 24th and Tues 27th (today) I checked on ebay today and they hadn't been dispatched (the little box thingy) so I emailed the seller to ask if they had been whilst doing this I clicked on the options of why I wanted to contact the seller on the one that said 'item not delivered' it said expected delivery Thurs 29th so I included the change of date in my message to her. She replied saying the shop had been closed for a week because she had been on holiday and she would try and send them today but she had a backlog of orders. Normally it wouldn't bother me but we go on holiday on Fri (v.early hours) so they might not arrive in time! My question is can I ask her to cancel the order and ask for a full refund? If I do and she refuses do I have a case against her? Normally I would never leave it so late but none of the shops around me had any in dd2's size. I ordered some other stuff and it all arrived on Sat and today. Thanks in advance ladies x

I'd message the seller let her know that you need them by Friday if she posts them first class tomorrow morning 9/10 you will get them Thursday, if you don't want to take the risk then message her and ask if you can cancel the order and have a refund and explain the situation to her, I sell loads on ebay and would personally apologise and refund you in this situation but it depends on the seller and how snotty they are lol I'm not sure if you'd have a case through ebay though.

Thank you for the reply. In my message I explianed that we needed them by Thursday and she said they have a backlog and would try and get them out today. I don't know weather to wait or not. I only ordered them for our holiday if they don't arrive there really isn't any point having them.

I doubt you have a case because the seller hasn't actually done anything wrong. Many things can effect the delivery date and it's a 'estimate'. If the seller is understanding you may get refund, but sellers aren't obligated to. I usually contact the person before i buy to ensure i can get something on time, if they agree and then you don't get it, you have more chance of a refund etc.

i'd get a refund and go get something from the shops if you can because at least you will have them for when you need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->