eBay question

nic18

Reaction score
so today I sold something on eBay, and when I went to check the persons address I noticed it was in Russia. I specifically had in my listing 'postage to UK only'! I emailed the lady and told her I was unable to send it as I had said only UK delivery and for her not to pay for the item. was that the best thing to do?

Hmm, odd. Whenever I tried to buy something from the UK and have it shipped to Germany and someone had set it to UK only it said I am unable to continue with the purchase.

I guess you are within your rights to cancel the sale as you have stated UK only and if people don't read the terms of your auction then that's their problem.

You could suggest asking if they would be willing to pay for delivery - I believe you can invoice them with the new postage price (I sold a set of car lights but sold them separately but the same person bought them - I had it set to 6,90€ each but that amount was enough to send both so I was able to just invoice him the new amount).

I hate it when people don't read (especially the ones who say they don't have PayPal and I have said I only accept paypal lol).

I would have done the same, nic x

You're entitled to cancel the transaction. I would maybe do 2nd chance offer to next highest bidder.

Are your postage settings via my eBay set to uk only or did you just out it in the listing? If the latter then you can ask for a cancellation and I believe the buyer has to agree to get your fees back.

If not done It is really important to set your postage preferences. Putting it on a listing won't stop overseas bids. It's under seller preferences and you tick which countries/areas you won't post too.

I would've done the same, though sometimes i just ask them for more postage. Is the postage choice actually connected to what people view? I didn't think it was (could be wrong) but i thought it was about what the buyer searched and about what her settings were, so she was looking outside of her country at a UK and decided to bid.

It's annoying like how i put 'collection only' on the listing and on the item and still people will bid and assume i will post it.

it was clear on the listing it was UK only, when I previewed it I always check, I just emailed her telling her I was sorry but I couldn't post it out at it was UK delivery only, and not to pay for the item, which she hasn't so I think she is ok with it

it was clear on the listing it was UK only, when I previewed it I always check, I just emailed her telling her I was sorry but I couldn't post it out at it was UK delivery only, and not to pay for the item, which she hasn't so I think she is ok with it

But unless you actually restrict buyers from overseas via your seller preferences just stating it is useless, as proven. Do that and this won't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->