ebay what would you do? :(

Wriggley

Reaction score
Last week we got a wooden knight castle off ebay for my son.

The listing said top quality sound condition castle with ONE broken knight figure.

It arrived today and theres numerous things wrong with it:

FIVE of the knight figures are broken
The ladder is damaged
theres bits of damage on the wood
a few gounge markings
crayon marks
what appears to be chewed up sweet stuck to it
its filthy and needs a good clean
and its not sturdy at all - the pillars are made up of 4 pices that sit on top of each other so the smallest poke and it all topples over

thing is i do LOVE the thing as a whole and i think ones its cleaned up properly, some of the pillar pieces glued together and a new set of knights and a fresh cost of paint it will be amazing

but i do feel like we been ripped off we paid 50 for it which i know is prob a good price but for its condition it needs a lot of work and i think the listing was not clear

i dont really know what to do

Did they show a picture of the actual thing? I'd file a claim myself as paying £50 for something that has loads wrong with it is really not right. It depends if you really want to keep it though. Could you get in touch with the seller and just inform her that you're not really happy with it as its not in the condition that they stated it to be and see what she says? xx

Did they show a picture of the actual thing? I'd file a claim myself as paying £50 for something that has loads wrong with it is really not right. It depends if you really want to keep it though. Could you get in touch with the seller and just inform her that you're not really happy with it as its not in the condition that they stated it to be and see what she says? xx

yeah i think thats a good idea i just one of these people that dont like upsetting/offending other people so i feel mean complaining about it bt at the same time i should be getting what is mentioned in the listing

also forgot to add it was set up for 2 hours and when i walked back in the room the whole room smelt weird - and MIL noticed when she walked in later too

TBH I would open a dispute and send it back.

V xxx

I'd be complaining love, it's not as described. But I'd start by contacting the seller with your concerns and go from there x

The right thing to do is to contact the seller first, explain to them what you just have to us and go from there. If they aren't willing to do anything then I would file a complaint. It depends really whether you want your money back or not. If not then I would just leave neg feedback that the item wasn't as described.

The right thing to do is to contact the seller first, explain to them what you just have to us and go from there. If they aren't willing to do anything then I would file a complaint. It depends really whether you want your money back or not. If not then I would just leave neg feedback that the item wasn't as described.

Tooootally of topic (sorry OP) but Em I've just seen your ticker about the wedding and my stomach did somersaults!

I'd message the seller and depending on what they say (like if she offered half the money back or something along those lines) would depend on what I'd do. £50 is a lot of money for Something that isn't up to the standard you expected and tbh if it's gonna need painted etc then you could have bought a brand new one somewhere for the £50 and the paint and supplies you're gonna have to buy on top of the £50

I'd ask for a partial refund if I was you hun then you could still keep it but use the extra money to make it right. X

Deffo send it back as nothing looks broken in the ad , and no mention or pic of the free *sweet*

also forgot to add it was set up for 2 hours and when i walked back in the room the whole room smelt weird - and MIL noticed when she walked in later too

I'd definitely message her then, tell her what you've said to us and see what she sends back and go from there xx

It didnt look very sturdy in the pic I would send ir back personally or partial refund x

Thanks Everyone

The listing listed it as sound condition and top quality and in the pictures it looked immaculate.

The ladder was photoed on its good side so you can see the damage in the picture.

I have spent the past couple of days trying to get the horrid smell out as if i got rid of that then there was bits i could do to it

BUT it still absolutely stinks and the whole room its in smells of damp wood even after leaving it out in the sun.

Ive sent her a message explaining that i tried to get the smell out but i would have to spend out more money to get it right which im not prepared to do as i was expecting it to already come in better condition so id like a refund.

I have also asked her what will happen regarding postage because its so heavy it cost £10 to post to me so will be the same to post back and i not being funny but why should i fork out £20 on postage on something that was no were near as discribed.

Thanks Everyone

The listing listed it as sound condition and top quality and in the pictures it looked immaculate.

The ladder was photoed on its good side so you can see the damage in the picture.

I have spent the past couple of days trying to get the horrid smell out as if i got rid of that then there was bits i could do to it

BUT it still absolutely stinks and the whole room its in smells of damp wood even after leaving it out in the sun.

Ive sent her a message explaining that i tried to get the smell out but i would have to spend out more money to get it right which im not prepared to do as i was expecting it to already come in better condition so id like a refund.

I have also asked her what will happen regarding postage because its so heavy it cost £10 to post to me so will be the same to post back and i not being funny but why should i fork out £20 on postage on something that was no were near as discribed.

Hope she gets back to you soon and gives you that refund xx

she agreed to refune the postage to me but she said il have to pay for postage to send it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->