Ebf and overnights...

Leafmistress

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm an experienced mom of 6 in my newly 2nd marriage. We now have a sweet 2 month old whom I only breastfeed, he hates bottles and even pacifiers. I just recently have gotten into a good routine with him even through growth spurts I am comfortable. He nurses to sleep and through the night, we cosleep and we're very happy this way. DH is a new daddy and MIL has first grandbaby. She has been wanting overnights with him even before he was born and I assured here when he was ready I'd welcome it. They have had their first playdate, was seperated for about 4 hrs but now I feel pressured for the overnight and baby nor I am ready for it. DH had offered to get a formula supplement just in case but that made me get very defensive and he said hes the father so his opinion in this matters just as much but hes trying to keep his mom and i happy. He knows how important bf is but doesnt understand how much work goes into it to even jeopardize a night away just so his mom can bond. I love them all but feel if this pressure continues there will start being negativity between us. Can you share your opinions here? Am i being over bearing?

I can't imagine leaving my son overnight with someone until at least 6 months...preferably one year! Tell your MIL to suck it :p

Agree with PP!

My DD is the same way hates bottles and pacifiers. I couldn't imagine leaving her over night yet. Tell your DH it's whatever is better for you LO not what's better for your MIL. Invite her over or maybe just leave LO with her for an hour or so? I know my DD is a piggy during the day so I can't sneak away yet.

Agree with all pps. My mil tried this crap too. I had to tell my oh how I felt...basically screw her! our son, we call the shots, bf'ing is important to us, she can wait. I also think it has to do with boundaries and respect. We are the mothers, we know best! She wants to see him, she gets to when we say so!

Thank you all for your advice. After standing my ground my MIL said she understands and wasnt going to be an over bearing grandma. She is perfectly happy having baby on Sunday and returning him before bedtime. DH was just stuck in the middle and didn't need to try pleasing us both as we worked it out ourselves. I am very lucky to have such a relationship. Thank you again :)

I'm glad your MIL was okay with it and happy to wait until you and LO are ready. She sounds very understanding :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->