EBF spotting for 3 months..

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

My LO is 15 weeks old and exclusively brrastfed.
I had normal lochia until 6 weeks post partum, then at 7 weeks got a 'period' and thought i was just one of the unlucky ones.
After the 'period' i have spotting every second week for a week. Usually brown but anywhere from yellow-brown-red. It comes for a week then stops, then another week then comes back and so on..

Ive had a pap smear a year ago, recently had a pelvic exam, internal pelvic ultrasound and swabs for infection etc. All normal.

Im waiting for some hormone blood tests results now. My doctor said if they are all clear then its nothing serious and could just be an irritable uterine lining which will settle eventually and i can try the mini pil to see if it help

Ive never had a problem prior to preg or after my other preg, only difference being that i didnt BF last babies (twins) and this time an BF.

Anyone had any similar experience?

I got my first period after non-exclusive bf and I've had the same situation as you since then. However, my friend who bf exclusively also got her period at the same time so yrs, that's just unlucky.

I spoke to my ob gyn since I'm on the pill again and trying to get my cycles in check and she said not to worry, that it can take up to 6 months for the cycles to stabilize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->