Echogenic Intracardiac Focus

Rousseau31

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I hope I'm posting in the appropriate forum. I didn't know if this or second trimester would be the best fit.

We just got our results back from our anatomy scan done at 19+4. Doctor said everything looks awesome. All of baby's parts are accounted for, measuring exact, and working as they should. However, baby does have a spot on his heart.

I've done a LOT of research and listened to my doctor. It seems that this USUALLY goes away on its own, but it is a soft marker for trisomy 13 and DS. I'm going to a high risk doctor on the 6th for a level 2 ultrasound. Doctor said that with the better equipment, we'll have a better idea of what's going on. At that point we'll determine if we need to pursue genetic testing.

There were no other markers, but I guess I'm concerned because we didn't pursue ANY genetic testing thus far. I'm 26 and DH is 25. We don't have any family history and never thought it was necessary. So I don't really have any low-risk test results to comfort me.

Any experiences? Just looking for a shoulder to lean on.

Just wanted to update in case this pops up on anyone's google search. We had our level 2 ultrasound today. They spent about 45 minutes measuring baby and looking at everything. They looked for clubbed feet, cleft lip/palate, nasal bone, fifth digit, etc etc.

Baby is measuring a week ahead. All measurements were totally normal. The EIF is still there, but small. They found no other markers for chromosomal issues. They said the EIF increases my genetic risk from that of a 26 year old to that of a 28 year old. They even recommended against genetic testing because the risk is so minor.

We're pretty confident at this point that baby is totally 100% typical and does NOT have trisomy 13 or 21. I'll update again if we hear anything otherwise in the future.

Wishing you an uneventful and healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Don´t worry, I have researched a lot about that and it is nothing to worry about if EIF is the only thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->