Eco Egg & Cloth Nappies

Sambatiki

Finally a Mummy!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you have any experience using the eco egg with your cloth nappies. I have the cotton fresh one and have been using an eco egg for quite a while now. Trouble is I've noticed that the nappies aren't coming out smelling very nice... still abit of a wee smell :( I've tried a rinse wash without spin, 60 degrees and also a prewash to no avail.

Has anyone else got around this?

Thankies xx :flower:

I use a non scented one and not had any problems, though we have veeeeery hard water and my pellets seem to wear down much quicker than suggested so I've had to refill it fairly often. When they're running low the egg doesnt seem to work as well so it may be worth checking that if you haven't. Also it might be worth giving your machine a good clean, you can do a 90 degree wash with milton to kill everything off in your machines innards and your pipes to get things fresh again.

on a sidenote do you find the scented pellets work (as in leave a scent on things)? I need to order more and not sure whether to go for plain or scented? X

Tokyo - Its a brand new egg and my washing machine isn't very old but I'll give it a white vinegar hot wash a go and see if there is any improvement. Can you refill the egg? I have always just bought a whole new egg. The cotton fresh does smell nice on anything but my nappies! :haha:

I haven't used an eco egg myself but I know some of the nappy libraries use them and they work well for them.

Did you use detergent on the nappies before? If you haven't already, I would give them a good strip wash - you might find that they have build up. The eco egg might not be able to shift that in a standard wash and the scent might not be strong enough to cover the smell of any lurking nasties, whereas your detergent might have been masking it better.

Rachel - I strip washed them before using the egg because I wanted to see how well it worked iygwim. But I'll give them another strip wash and see if that improves xxx

I've been having the same problem so I've gone back to using powder for the nappies.

אתה יכול למצוא כאן מגוון רחב של מוצרי ניקוי, היגיינה וטיפוח, שמני אתריים וחיתולים אקולוגיים. רוב מוצרי היגיינה שנעשו בישראל.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->