• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECV for frank breech! Experiences?

mrsswaffer

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my second baby, and since around 28 weeks, he/she has been frank breech (feet by head, bum down). I had a presentation scan on Monday at 37+1 and, of course, Baby is still breech. However, because of the amount of fluid in there, the doctor doing the scan felt confident that either a) Baby will turn on its own, or b) an ECV would be successful. I'm booked for another scan on Sunday to check the exact position and fluid levels, and then for my ECV on Monday morning. I'm really hoping the doctor is right one way or the other, because I'm planning for a home birth. If Baby isn't head down when I go into labour, I'll be giving birth vaginally, but in a hospital delivery suite.

Can anyone share their experiences with vaginal breech delivery or ECV? I'm not nervous about the ECV procedure per se - they told me it would be uncomfortable, but then... labour is uncomfortable, so I'm expecting a bit of discomfort.

Thanks in advance, beautiful people! :flower:

Hey there! I don't personally have experience with EVC but my sister had hers done at 34 weeks and it was successful. She said she was sore after and the baby's heart rate did drop a bit (not below 100) for a time but other than that it was fine. She delivered vaginally at term. I myself was frank breech at birth and came out just fine but I was the 2nd twin so I think that makes a difference. Hope that helps!

Thank you hun. :)

Unfortunately, my ECV yesterday was unsuccessful and Baby snapped right back into place when the consultant took his hands off after only turning Baby about 45 degrees. Never mind. No home birth for me, but I'm definitely planning a breech vaginal birth now! :thumbup:

He also told me Baby is now complete breech, not frank (legs are now flexed and crossed, not extended by its head anymore!). :)

Mrs W - I can't believe your on your second , where does the time go!

Not seen you around B&b for ages and I left the FB group we was in

Hope all is well xx

Mrs W - I can't believe your on your second , where does the time go!

Not seen you around B&b for ages and I left the FB group we was in

Hope all is well xx

Hey lovely! Hope you're okay? Yeah, number two is fast approaching. Hehe! :happydance:

We just lost our little boy at 27w so not the best at the moment but getting there slowly

I will get to leave the loss forums once and for all one day

Xx

Oh hun, how sad. =( You will get your little rainbow baby soon enough. Stay strong. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->