ECV

Groovychick

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience of having this done?

My little one is breech and refusing to turn so I am booked in to have this procedure on Monday.

Am quite scared! :(

Is that the procedure where they flip the baby around? I haven't known anyone to have it personally, but I have been told it can be quite painful. A friend of mine was scheduled to have it, but went into labor the day before her appointment!

Yes, they try to turn the baby manually. Apparently its successful in around 50% of cases so fingers crossed!

My auntie had it and said it was quite painful but it fmdid work good luck x

I read it's uncomfortable but only 5-10% of people find it painful. They should let you have gas and air to help if you need it x

my midwife wants to book me in for this also but both my husband and I are not keen on getting it done, it only works half the time and as much as I don't want a section I would rather that than distress the baby,,, just my opinion

Have you considered moxa sticks? They're supposed to be 75% effective :/

Have you considered moxa sticks? They're supposed to be 75% effective :/

I've tried moxa sticks and felt loadsa movements from baby,, she went back to breech soon after, but considering how effective it was at getting her moving I'm gonna give it another go or two,

One friend had it done at 38 weeks. I don't remember her saying if it was uncomfortable or not. It didn't work but did break her water. She vaginally delivered her breech little girl with no problems.

Another friend heard it was painful so they just scheduled a C-section.

And, I was just talking to another friend. She had it done and said it wasn't painful, just a little uncomfortable. It worked but her boy turned back a few days later. She tried to deliver him vaginally but he had a huge head and was 10lbs so, after pushing for a long time, she ended up with a C-section.

Lots of different stories. Do your research and make the decision that is right for you.

I am also considering this and I've got an appointment with my midwife next Monday to discuss if she is still breech.

I have researched both the pros and the cons, and I have also research the consultant who performs them at my hospital, she is widely accredited amount her peers.

She has a 61% success rate, 2-5% chance of baby flipping back & 1 in 200 risk of needing am EMCS. I am happy with these odds.

I also know I am a good candidate, baby is completely free, I have good fluid levels & belly is nice & soft.

I've heard it's uncomfortable, but not painful but the most important thing is a very relaxed mummy! My consultant doesn't give you any muscle relaxants as they have been proven to make little difference, she just wants the mum to breath and relax. And have a great positive mental attitude!

Good luck for Monday, please let us know how you get on :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->