Eczema in Babies?

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
I suffer from eczema (sp?) not badly, but i get creams for it. I've noticed that Cailtyn's skin is quite bumpy and dry on her legs, arms and back. I am worried about this. I feel so guilty that I may have passed on my eczema to her. I am so scared to go to the DRs about it as i don't know if i will be able to forgive myself if it is eczema :cry:

I am worrying unnecessarily or is this eczema?

xxx

Dec has it and it would start of like red dry and scaly if you know what I mean, but his is kept under control with creams and bath oils.
Dont beat yourself up hun it is so common now-a-days that she could have got it even if you didnt have it, get the doc to have a look and put your mind to rest xx here is a :hug: to make you feel better

:cry:

I just wanted her to lead as healthy a life as possible and since eczema is passed down i feel so so guilty. She is my princess and doesn't deserve it :cry:

:cry:

I just wanted her to lead as healthy a life as possible and since eczema is passed down i feel so so guilty. She is my princess and doesn't deserve it :cry:

AWWWWW she will be fine, you have brought a lump to my throat, dont worry hun if it was bad you would know by now and most kids that do have it grow out of it by their first birthday xxx

Thanks, i will ask the Hv at the clinic before i go to the DRs and sound like an overreacting mother.

Thanks for replying, means a lot

xxx

Thanks, i will ask the Hv at the clinic before i go to the DRs and sound like an overreacting mother.

Thanks for replying, means a lot

xxx

No problem hun keep me informed, and dont dare think like you are overreacting you are only thinking of your daughter, she has a wonderful mum xx

ah hundont think ur overreacting ur not. she is ur princess and ur bond to feel bad. conditons like eczema, asthma and psoriasis can be passed down but its not a definate thing.

my dh has psorasis and im asthmaticso we are also hoping jack wont devlop either of these. but i do think the chancesare slim though hun

huge :hug: caitlyn is still beautiful xx

I have asthma too... my OH has nothing wrong with him. i feel like its all my fault... which it is, but i feel so so bad :cry:

Don't feel bad silly! Grace has a little eczema on her head which is red and scaly too.

ah hun ur bound to feel bad speak to ur HV and see what she says x

Amy_tea...bless u...eczma is common. My LO has got it...at forst he had really dry skin and because he was 10 days late i wa advised to use aqueous cream rather than any other, i continued to use it however when i went to the gp i mentioned it do the doctor generaly and she advised me that aqueous cream doesnt absorb so well in the skin and instead prescrbed my LO some cream and some baby bath stuff that is used for baby wih excema...he appears alot better...its not your fault babe u sound like a lovely mum x

When bathing her try Bennet's Aqueous Water Drops.It's excellent for sensitive skin and eczema sufferers. It's the only water soluble oil in the market. It actually goes into the skin as oppose to other oils that just lies on top of the skin. My boy does not have eczema but I use it with every bath since he was born and you should see his skin! It's a bit pricey but totally worth it.

I used to have eczema but have outgrown it for some reason. I know how you feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->