EDIT* Help with my girl name: Valentina __ Middle name?

MamaPerez

Valentina's Mama
Reaction score
We don't know the gender of the baby yet, but we have a boy name settled. I originally had our girl's name settled as Luna Claire Dorothea Perez, but I no longer want to use Claire and I really love the name Valentina. "Dorothy" is a family name, so I'm trying to keep it without altering it into "Dorothea" but it seems difficult. I want to keep Valentina as a first name, and Luna to either be one of two middle names, or a second first name. Any suggestions? Have fun with it! If you have a name that goes better with Valentina and Luna you'd like to suggest, please throw it in! :) I love hearing everyone's suggestions!

EDIT*
My problem before was trying to incorporate Luna and squeezing in Dorothy as a family name; however, I've decided that Luna can always just be a NN since Valentina is 4 syllables and I don't always have to honor a family member- none of my cousins have. I'm wanting any suggestions for a middle name!

So it sounds like you're leaning towards Valentina Dorothy Luna Perez?

Honestly, it sounds like a mouthful and doesn't seem to flow too well in my opinion...I think just Valentina Dorothy Perez sounds nice, you get one name you love and the other family name...I think the 2 middle names makes it tough, but personally I'm just not a fan of 2 middle names anyways

Another suggestion could be combining the names you like, to something unique and still beautiful such as Valeluna Dorothy Perez

Best of luck!

Honestly, it sounds like a mouthful and doesn't seem to flow too well in my opinion...I think just Valentina Dorothy Perez sounds nice, you get one name you love and the other family name...I think the 2 middle names makes it tough, but personally I'm just not a fan of 2 middle names anyways

Another suggestion could be combining the names you like, to something unique and still beautiful such as Valeluna Dorothy Perez

Best of luck!

Haha, I think it's my Filipina side that loves double names. My original thought was Valentina Luna Dorothea Perez, but I don't want to alter the name "Dorothy", but it sounds funky altogether and ugh. I think I'm just trying to make everyone happy.

My maiden name is Dorothy Joy, Lopez, Wood. I love Valentina, and for years I've had Luna pegged somehow. I'd like to keep Dorothy in the mix because it's a family name, but no one else has really honored it. If there was a second daughter, I actually contemplated the name Verona Skye. Veronaluna sounds nice and Valeluna does too! Does Valentina Luna Perez sound funny?

i think Luna Valentina Dorothea Perez sounds very pretty :flow:
love Valentina, my sons middle name is Valentine.

Best of luck!

Haha, I think it's my Filipina side that loves double names. My original thought was Valentina Luna Dorothea Perez, but I don't want to alter the name "Dorothy", but it sounds funky altogether and ugh. I think I'm just trying to make everyone happy.

My maiden name is Dorothy Joy, Lopez, Wood. I love Valentina, and for years I've had Luna pegged somehow. I'd like to keep Dorothy in the mix because it's a family name, but no one else has really honored it. If there was a second daughter, I actually contemplated the name Verona Skye. Veronaluna sounds nice and Valeluna does too! Does Valentina Luna Perez sound funny?

I do like Valentina Luna Perez but then you don't get Dorothy :( It's too bad Valentina and Luna both end with "-na" otherwise you could hyphenate the first name and keep Dorothy as the middle.

Best of luck!

I do like Valentina Luna Perez but then you don't get Dorothy :( It's too bad Valentina and Luna both end with "-na" otherwise you could hyphenate the first name and keep Dorothy as the middle.

I suck at names. /: And hubby is so disinterested in girl names. Thank you for helping me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->