Eeeek anyone had drain moths?

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
So since we moved into our house we've been noticing moths in the bathroom appearing from out of nowhere (even tho the light is off, windows closed!)

Did a bit of a google and it appears they may be drain moths as they seem isolated to the bathroom with no obvious point of entry and they usually appear in houses that have been previously empty for a while (our house was vacant for 3 years due to fire damage)

Anyone know how to get rid of them? It's not loads, just maybe 2 or 3 at a time but I have flutter phobia so 2 or 3 is too many for me to cope with, I can't keep creeping into the bathroom like a ninja with a towel at the ready as a weapon of choice, especially when I'm dying for a wee and haven't got time to assess the situation :haha:

How about keeping plugs in the bath, sink etc?
Perhaps running a load of water down each day too? Although probably best not to do that if you have to pay for water!

I've poured bleach down all the drains..I know not recommended but it was a moment of panic. And I've run the water boiling hot down them too. Fingers crossed. If that doesn't work I'm gonna try that Mr Muscle stuff.

I was going to suggest that too but didn't know how animal friendly you were!
Keep the plugs in incase they all mutate ;)

dog, cat, fluffy animal friendly..moth friendly, not so much :haha:

This would be my worst nightmare! Thankfully not come across a drain moth yet, hate moths/butterflies :argh:

Little update, put the plugs in last night and have not seen a single once since, so it's definitely drain moths..thanks for the tip Michelle :thumbup: I initially didn't think to put the plugs in :blush:

DRAIN MOTHS????!!!!! oh my god, I had no idea. I fecking hate moths so this would be a nightmare for me. I'll be putting my plugs in tonight... :wacko:

oh yuk! Never heard of them but i had a dreaded may bug fly at my head last night! urrgghh they are here and i am petrified of them! Sorry for change of subject!

Laurajo don't worry, I think we only have them as our house had been empty for agggges and apparantely they like to frequent empty houses where the water hasn't ran..they need to realise that we've moved in now :haha:

We've got them! Been wondering where the hell they've been getting in lol! Gunna put the plugs in tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->