Eeek

sjbno1

Sarah - mummy & TTC#2
Reaction score
So yesterday I put my nappies in the wash and my mum thought I had forgotten to add softner so she added it for me thinking she was doing a good deed :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: I came home last night and was sorting out my lovely clean nappies when I thought - oh these smell nice :wacko: que lots of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek my mum has added conditioner :dohh:

Soooo now do I need to strip these? is the absorbancy up the creek because of it :wacko:

On a plus side they smell so nice and are lovely and soft :dohh:

HELP! LOL

isnt it only pul u cant use conditioner with sure i saw that on here a few months back??

Uh oh! I think I'd strip wash them. Although I don't know why exactly you shouldn't use fabric softener, I just know you shouldn't. :lol: xx

That girl - the pul was super soft and doing my pockets were really easy to put the inserts in lol

Katy - hmmmmm its a shame really as they were so soft and they smelt delish!!! :D lol typicle!!

Im assuming itll be to do with the absorbency? Most softners are oil based and you know what oil and water mixed together are like...

Detergents like bold 2 in 1 have a clay based softener which makes it okay to use with nappies.

ah yeah they did feel oily!

Sooo what is the best way to strip - I've heard vinegar being mentioned - dishwasher tablet but it all confuses me!

Also with my Pockets so I need to strip the outers or just the inners?

The way i do it is a full dose of detergent, run a hot wash then keep doing rinses untill theres no more bubbles.

fab thanks hun - I will do that tonight when I get home in the hope it wont take all night LOL

oooops hope you aren't up too late x

Yeah it makes the absorbancy go up the creek! I strip wash the same as AG, one full detergent load and then rinse, rinse, rinse until there's no more bubbles.

I use vinegar for my BG's inserts when they smell but wouldn't for your case :thumbup: :)

Sahara - I hope not too! lol

Twig - I shall start when I get home :D

and twig!! OMG your 27wks pregnant!!! EEEK

When do you get home from work hon? When I do mine, it can take the guts of a day so you mightn't get it finished tonight...

Oh yeah :haha: 3rd tri for me today then :dance:

I keep forgetting I am pregnant you know :wacko:

My stripping has always taken the best part of a day for half my stash :dohh:

I bungee my entire stash in the machine when I got in so we'll see how much we get done tonight - ALTHOUGH I have just found that my mum used some nappies today (only just noticed) soooooooo there not gonna get stripped :dohh: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->