Effects of an epidural?

Amarna

Mother
Reaction score
Hi I have a question and hopefully someone else has been in my shoes. I gave birth 7 months ago and have healed fine from my stitches, etc. but I had an epidural that was performed wrong and my husband (and myself as well) is worried about the back pain that I continue to have in the epidural spot this far after giving birth. The epidemiologist gave me a dural puncture and I had the resulting spinal headache for weeks after giving birth...and he didn't come in time so there wasn't enough time for the epidural to take anyway. I know with my first birth I also had an epidural and it went fine, I had back pain but only for a month or so after giving birth. Now it's seven months on and it still hurts every time I bend over say to pick up the baby, to change a diaper, or pick something up off the floor. Last weekend I was painting the kitchen and after only 45 minutes of painting my back was so sore I had to lay down, I can only assume this is from crouching to paint the lower part of the wall. I had pain shooting up and down my spine centered mainly on the epidural location. Surely I should be better by now? DH wants me to see a doctor but I don't have anyone to watch the baby during the day and I don't want to schedule an appointment if this is a normal thing.

unfortunately it could very well be, chronic back pain is a side effect even if it was performed correctly. im okay so far with mine, but I have two friends that are still complaining of back pain 3 and 4 years out :nope:

:hugs:

my son is three months and I'm still having bad back pain..I've asked my gp he just says it will go eventually :( x

I never had the epidural and my oh never let me nor did mil which I'm quite grate full for as I did it with gas an air and never tor or needed stitches which everyone said for a young mum it was brilliant but I have a friend that had twins and said her epidural spot hurt and that's 5 months in xx

im almost 4 months pp and still having back pain at the site too. :\ i have read a lot of places online that it is pretty normal so i havent talked to my doctor yet, but blah.

I haven't had any back pain from an epidural..... I'm aware it is a side effect though! I would book an appointment with a GP and look at getting referred to a physiotherapist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->