Egg Allergy ?

Babybump87

Reaction score
Does anyone have a child that is allergic to egg?

Wondering as I gave DS a jar of cow and gate baby food ( we were out at the time) yesterday and he started screaming , went red in the face and was gagging/coughing after about 4 spoons. (He’s never gagged/coughed on food before ). This was the first time he’s had this particular one and upon reading the ingredients found it contained egg , he’s never had egg before this.

Any opinions / advice please . Just to add he does have a dairy allergy and gets formula on prescription.

No advice hun but that definitely sounds like an egg allergy, I know you probably dont want too but could you give him something else with egg in in a few days, to see if it is the egg, or whether it was something in that jar of food?

I agree try him with a little bit of egg again. It's possible the baby food may have been cross contaminated with dairy

Thanks ladies I was thinking of cross contamination but mainly the egg ingredients caught my eye !

We are going to try him with some scrambled egg later I’m very nervous ! Fingers crossed all goes well x

I tried him with some scrambled egg today was too nervous to re try him sooner but anyway he had a 5ish spoons then again starting coughing/gagging and went red in the face .

I’m unsure now what to do? whether the coughing is causing his face to go red or if he does have an issue with egg which affects his throat causing him to cough ?! Or I might be barking completely up the wrong tree! But given he already has an allergy I’m on tender hooks!

I might try him with something else that’s more smoother in consistency before I go down the road of going the GP who for some reason are very reluctant to do allergy testing.

It does sound like a allergy hon. Esp as he has done it with 2 different things with egg.
My eldest son has a allergy with coconut. Hes almost 14 now but when he was 2 we went to church and he ate something with coconut in and his face went all red and blotchy I think he was coughing to.
I have a allergy to nuts and that makes my throat close up and I cough and everything swells and I also go red and blotchy In the face.
I'm wondering if u can get it checked out at the doctors just to see what they say.

This sounds exactly like the reaction my 13 month old has. He is dairy and soya free and his last reaction was to a coconut based cheese. As he was eating he started coughing and gagging then became really distressed. His face went bright red and puffy as did his lips and eyes. It settled really quickly with piriton but was his scariest reaction so far. He refuses to eat for a day or 2 after a reaction and gets a lingering night time cough. (i think it gives him a sore mouth or throat). We finally have a pediatrician app in 2 weeks for allergy testing.

AR.jpg

Oh gosh! I’ve posted on your thread a few times . I hope the allergy testing goes well and you finally get to the bottom of everything ! I forgot about this thread , apologies for not updating it .

I have since fed him another meal containing egg and he was fine . I’m guessing it was probably him just getting used to lumpy foods . I hope so anyway ! Will be keeping an eye on him anyway on the hunt for any other possible allergies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->