Egg collapsed but no temp rise?!

beneathmywing

Reaction score
I had a natural IUI done Saturday after getting a positive OPK on Friday morning and afternoon. After the IUI, I had a sono and the doctor said my egg had already collapsed. I figured that meant I ovulated that day and my temp would spike on Sunday.. Well, it's Monday and still no temp spike. It is going up but by a few points at a time.

I had decided not to temp this month before deciding on the IUI so I have pretty much no pre-O temps..so I'm not even sure if FF will give me crosshairs. Ugh! So confused =(

Check out all my charts, it happens to me every cycle. It can take 3-5 days for the progesterone to build up and actually cause a shift. It happens to me every cycle and Its known as a "slow rise". As long as it keeps going up (obv a dip here or there doesn't matter) but as long as it goes/stays up, ur good :) I actually just did tons of research about this last cycle and I even asked my doc about it when I went for my HSG and she said "that's why I told u to still use opks if u chart. Its not 100% accurate and it depends on the person but its very common to not see a rise for 2-3days and its also common to just have it rise by a little day by day." she actually told me not to chart because of this but I didn't listen...i like charting. Anyways, if ur temps out of the norm for YOU, this may be a good sign! Or maybe u haven't been timing it right SOME cycles because maybe ur chart took longer to show O has happened like this cycle. Either way, FX this all a good sign for u!

Could I see ur chart? Pretty plz? Lol I LOOOVE looking at charts! :)

Check out all my charts, it happens to me every cycle. It can take 3-5 days for the progesterone to build up and actually cause a shift. It happens to me every cycle and Its known as a "slow rise". As long as it keeps going up (obv a dip here or there doesn't matter) but as long as it goes/stays up, ur good :) I actually just did tons of research about this last cycle and I even asked my doc about it when I went for my HSG and she said "that's why I told u to still use opks if u chart. Its not 100% accurate and it depends on the person but its very common to not see a rise for 2-3days and its also common to just have it rise by a little day by day. If its out of the norm for YOU, this may be a good sign! FX! :)

Thanks!!!! Hoping it keeps going up.. just odd! lol

I added more to the first post I posted on here because I realized a big part deleted or something so I re wrote the end of it for u :)

Could I see ur chart? Pretty plz? Lol I LOOOVE looking at charts! :)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/455805/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I warn you.. it's terrible because I didn't temp pre-O that much.. lol

Yeah ur chart looks like u probably did O (like u said its missing alot of temps so its hard to tell completely but its def gone up a lil bit). I bet ull notice more of a rise tomorrow or wed a.m, prob tomorrow. It may not be by much but that's still completely fine. Plus, since we don't know what all but one of ur pre-O temps were, u could have had lower temps than usual as well as that can be confusing u. Can the doc tell if u oed that day? Or what I'm trying to say is, would he be able to tell if u oed the day before ur iui and if the egg is still able to be fertilized? I'm just curious as to how the u/s for O predictions or confirmation.

Yeah ur chart looks like u probably did O (like u said its missing alot of temps so its hard to tell completely but its def gone up a lil bit). I bet ull notice more of a rise tomorrow or wed a.m, prob tomorrow. It may not be by much but that's still completely fine. Plus, since we don't know what all but one of ur pre-O temps were, u could have had lower temps than usual as well as that can be confusing u. Can the doc tell if u oed that day? Or what I'm trying to say is, would he be able to tell if u oed the day before ur iui and if the egg is still able to be fertilized? I'm just curious as to how the u/s for O predictions or confirmation.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to tell things with all the missing temps. I don't think I o'd the day before my IUI because that's when I got a positive. She said the egg had collapsed, which was good and didn't need to do a back to back IUI.

Ok I was just wondering because I usually O the day of my positive opks but everyone is def diff! Maybe u Oed late late fri night and u got the iui done just in time! :) Opks differ for everyone (like everything else ttc!) but usually u O about 12-36hrs after. I'm in the 12-24hr range USUALLY. This cycle I started vitex and I had 3 days of positives, 2 of which were the darkest positive opks ive ever had in my life! I just wish my tube was cleared because this cycle prob would go good for me if an egg can get through. FX it some how happens & I can be a miracle story :) anyways, since the swimmers were put straight in ur uterus and didn't have to fight their way through ur vagina and cervix, as long as u oed fri or later, I think your good regardless :) good luck and keep us updated!

Ok I was just wondering because I usually O the day of my positive opks but everyone is def diff! Maybe u Oed late late fri night and u got the iui done just in time! :) Opks differ for everyone (like everything else ttc!) but usually u O about 12-36hrs after. I'm in the 12-24hr range USUALLY. This cycle I started vitex and I had 3 days of positives, 2 of which were the darkest positive opks ive ever had in my life! I just wish my tube was cleared because this cycle prob would go good for me if an egg can get through. FX it some how happens & I can be a miracle story :) anyways, since the swimmers were put straight in ur uterus and didn't have to fight their way through ur vagina and cervix, as long as u oed fri or later, I think your good regardless :) good luck and keep us updated!

I definitely think I O'd late Friday night because I had ovulation pains on my left ovary and my leg was even sore so I might have caught it just in time!!

Sending some baby dust your way and hoping you get your positive this month :dust:

Just a slow rise in progesterone that's what I was always told :)

Just a slow rise in progesterone that's what I was always told :)

Hope so!! My temp is never 97.6 pre-O, so it's probably just rising slowly like you said. Really wish I had temped my whole cycle now lol oh well.

Temp spiked this morning. I put in fake temps for tomorrow and the next day and it gives me crosshairs saying i ovulated yesterday! Even with the positive opk and my cm and ovulation pains for friday. This is so odd. How would i have ovulated yesterday and on Saturday my ovaries were already empty?! Charting aggravates me sometimes...

You did O sat. Remember, I told u yesterday to expect a rise today :) ur like me and it just takes 2-3 days to build up. So now u know for the future, ur body can take a few days to warm up from the progesterone. Its completely normal. My OB actually told me this. So when u get cross hairs, if they're for yest, FF isn't correct in ur case BUT confirms that O did happen for sure. Ive had it happen multiple times and my LP adds up perfect for what it should be. That's why my doc told me to bd starting 5 days Before id even expect to see a positive opk because I usually O the day of and since I'm a slow riser, my O date may show a couple/few days later according to a charting app so it covers the days before just incase :). I think u got ur iui done at the perfect time :) FX! And even if u did O yest, I'm sure there were still many swimmers up there awaiting the egg but like I said, I'm fairly certain between ur u/s and ur chart slowly going up since ur positive opk that u did O Saturday and u just got a rise 36-48hrs later like alot of women do :). I kept trying to explain it a certain way but I cant quite get it out lol. If u look at alot.of the iui or trigger shot bfp charts on FF, there's alot of them w changed O dates because their temps rose 1-3days after O or sometimes even the day of instead of the day after O! That's weird but that was the day they got their iui and it worked! Anyways, slow rise is the name for this and it doesnt mean u have a hormone deficiency or anything and plus it did go up a couple days after O so its looking good to me! :) Good luck again! FX!!

Just odd because this doesnt usually happen for me.. But i guess every cycle is different. Hoping I did get my iui at the right time!! Just makes me nervous, but I should focus on the u/s rather than my temps.

You explained it perfectly!! Thank you. You know us women, we overanalyze everything! Lol

Just odd because this doesnt usually happen for me.. But i guess every cycle is different. Hoping I did get my iui at the right time!! Just makes me nervous, but I should focus on the u/s rather than my temps.

You explained it perfectly!! Thank you. You know us women, we overanalyze everything! Lol

yes we do! Lol my tube is blocked and im still obsessing hoping and praying a miracle happens. I have a great feeling the enzymes ill be starting will help my tubes alot tho :) I just had my hsg this cycle and my OB told us to still try this cycle bcuz she sees pregnancies after this procedure even when a tube shows as blocked so FX I fall in that small category of ppl w blocked tubes getting a bfp :). I really do think ur iui was on time bcuz even if u didn't O until yest, all docs will tell u the day before O and the day before that (so the 2 days before) are the days that will most likely lead to conception because the sperm will live that long for the most part and she said its even more common for it to result from 2 days before so ur def covered! :) FX and good luck!

I hope your miracle does happen!! I had an HSG last month as well. No bfp that cycle.. But they say a lot of people get pregnant within three months after it, so hope it happens this month!!

I felt ovulation pains Friday night so I am pretty sure I ovulated that night or the next morning. My opk on saturday morning before the opk still looked positive to me so the egg may have dropped between then which was 7 to 10 when i has the iui done. I think they say washed sperm doesnt live as long so if i did somehow ovulate yesterday, which I doubt since the u/s showed no follicles., i dont know if that sperm would still be alive.

Time will tell!!

Ooh I didn't know that they didn't survive as long. That's interesting. And I bet ur good. I kinda thought u may have oed LATE Fri night from looking at ur chart when I first commented on here and I didn't know any other info at that time so I bet it was lined up great! And yes an hsg does up ur chances! FX we both fall into that 3 month category! I just wish they were able to break through my blockage and I truly think I would have fallen pregnant. My tubes have always been an issue, obv since I only have one lol :-( but yeah I wish I could just come up with an easy 20grand to just pay for IVF and id do it in a heartbeat. My uterus is GREAT so I think dh and I would be very successful with that but we are going to try the enzymes, another HSG, and if it still isn't cleared, I'm going to get a lap to remove scar tissue from my tube and try to temporarily unblock it and just try naturally for a yr after that before we actually sign up for IVF. I'd do the scar tissue surgery now but she said id have a risk of completely losing my tube and then ivf would be my ONLY option to carry my own child so I'm going to trying and fix it the good ol' natural way first :) FX!!

Ooh I didn't know that they didn't survive as long. That's interesting. And I bet ur good. I kinda thought u may have oed LATE Fri night from looking at ur chart when I first commented on here and I didn't know any other info at that time so I bet it was lined up great! And yes an hsg does up ur chances! FX we both fall into that 3 month category! I just wish they were able to break through my blockage and I truly think I would have fallen pregnant. My tubes have always been an issue, obv since I only have one lol :-( but yeah I wish I could just come up with an easy 20grand to just pay for IVF and id do it in a heartbeat. My uterus is GREAT so I think dh and I would be very successful with that but we are going to try the enzymes, another HSG, and if it still isn't cleared, I'm going to get a lap to remove scar tissue from my tube and try to temporarily unblock it and just try naturally for a yr after that before we actually sign up for IVF. I'd do the scar tissue surgery now but she said id have a risk of completely losing my tube and then ivf would be my ONLY option to carry my own child so I'm going to trying and fix it the good ol' natural way first :) FX!!

Im praying for you and me both girl!!!!

Sorry to intrude gals...but aidensmommy - I see a lot of your posts and you seem very knowledgeable re: charts. Would you mind taking a look at mine? I'm guessing I o'd yeseterday???

I'm confident I will get another rise tomorrow, but Monday's temperature is really throwing me off. I was hoping that I had ovulated really early Monday morning but then yesterdays temp blew that idea out of the water! Maybe Mondays temp is just an outlier for some reason and I too am a slow riser. Last month I o'd the day after my positive opk. So, do you think Monday or Tuesday?

I wasn't monitoring my cm because I really wasn't seeming to get any so I used Preseed for a few days this cycle.

Here is my chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4aaa15

Beneath and Aidensmommy - Good luck to you both! Fx for you both. I'll definitely be following you both to see if you get your bfp's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->