Reaction score
4 cups chicken broth/stock
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1/8 tsp ground ginger powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
green onions to toss in at the end

boil 3 1/2 cups of the chicken broth, ginger powder, salt. leave 1/2 cup of the chicken stock in the measuring cup and mix the cornstarch with this (you can add more cornstarch if you want a thicker soup).

Slowly pour in the chicken stock and cornstarch mixture while stirring. It will thicken, then lower the heat for the eggs. Mix the 2 eggs +egg yolk in a bowl and slowly pour in the eggs while slowly whisking with your fork. Toss in the green onions and you're done!

You can put some corn in if you like, just a little bit, to give it texture. Or can thinly slice shiitake mushrooms to add. Some people like to pour a little bit of soy sauce (i don't, but i know people who do)

OMG I LOVE EGG DROP SOUP NOW IM CRAVING IT :D

Is this the Egg Drop soup like you get at the restraunts?

also i have a question:

So when you do the eggs You NEED 2 eggs (does that include egg white and yolk or is that just supposed to be the egg whites or what?

Yes, this soup is like the kind you'd get at a chinese restaurant!

and the 2 eggs are just 2 regular eggs, both yolk and whites. The 3rd is just the yolk (although if you like, you can surely add 3 full eggs)

ooo Thank You I love egg drop soup i think imma do this on Saterday :D

Well i tried this actually the first night i found it on here and OMG its soooo delicious i'v had it once everyday since! lol :blush:

do you make the chicken broth from scratch- if so what do u use?

Oh Tink that's great :D it's so simple and good.

do you make the chicken broth from scratch- if so what do u use?

No i don't make it from scratch :blush: that would be too much work hahaha. I just buy chicken stock from the store (soup section)

https://ninecooks.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chickenstock.jpg

just an example, there's all kinds of brands.

ya, i wasnt expecting it to take so little time and effort. So its a great snack when you dont wanna spend forever and your just hungry NOW lol

MmMmMmM
I even recommended it to one of my friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"